Sig service is impressive!

Coach Z

So I got a new P229 a few weeks ago and decided to send it in to sig for the short reset trigger. I paid them for the round trip shipping, got the label last Thursday night and I dropped it off on Friday. Gun was delivered Monday to them and I just got it back today !!! They had the gun for a little over two days and it's back. Mods done, test fired (they also cleaned it!) and sent back to me.

I used to think smith has the best service in the industry but sig may have just ousted them.

thedudeabides

I did the SRT service on my P220, it resulted in a catastrophic failure of the trigger, and the polishing of the feedramp and crowning of the barrel looked like they were done by an orangutan with a dremel tool.

I had them fix it, then after a few months got ****** off looking at the shoddy workmanship and had them re-do the whole thing.

To Sig's service, they did everything at no extra cost (including shipping), but I really don't trust their gunsmiths anymore.

they've been doing the p229 for years over there. they've only been doing 1911's for a few. they'll get better. that's one of the reasons i don't go to sig for a 1911...yet.