Votes: 0 0.0%
  • POS

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Note sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CZ_

I have to say that I am very happy with my Sigs. They are very accurate, and most importantly very reliable. I would label them as "very good", the only thing that I don't like is the allum-alloy frame which in the long run probably isn't as durable as steel. This poll is on for 2 days.

Kermit

I have been told by many a Sig owner, that I had a lemon, but it was my only experience w/ Sig pistols. My 220 had a mushy & heavy trigger. Couple that with the poor customer service I received when I tried to have it fixed under warranty and I rated them as sub par. :barf:

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
You say rate Sig-Sauer pistol's?

Top of the line, for an out-of-the-box combat firearm. Being that the world famous P220 is out standing; I rated it as excellent. The P220
alone, should vault Sig-Sauer into 1st place!!!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

presspics

I rated SIG as excellent. You will not find a finer combat weapon out of the box. Plus my 229 is sooooo damn sexy looking on top of it's superb accuracy and 100% reliability.

Flattop

When searching for a .45 ACP I fired 2 different P220's. Had feeding problems with one and just couldn't hit the floor with the other. I have a buddy of mine that swears by the P220, chambered in .38 SUPER. SIG just didn't work for me.

cplane

Just got a 229 this past week and have only put 100 rds thu it. I am very pleased so far. It fits my hand like it was made for it and the trigger is very smooth. I really shouldn't comment untill I put a few hundred more rds thru it, But I am in love!

lonegunman

You guys must be easy to impress!

79% think a Sig is "excellent"?

They are OK service weapons, but I wouldnt say excellent.

cplane

What would you rate as excellent? I thought my kimber was excellent untill I had to send it back because of extracter problems and as soon as I got it back, The rear site broke in half as I shot it . They do have an excellent service dept. and they sent me another one pronto.

Wild Romanian

My sig P220 will not shoot H&G Style wadcutters. The short feed ramp leaves no room for the ejecting empty case to pass over the loaded round underneath it in the magazine waiting to be loaded into the chamber. The result is the empty case plowing a trench into the lead bullet of the loaded round underneath it. It then peals back the brass mouth of the case making for an very neat jam up. Is it not strange that John Browning figured a way around this problem almost 100 years ago when he designed the 1911.

The slide take down lever on my Sig also jams up from time to time and will not rotate downward so the slide can be taken off the frame. Some days the lever works and some days the lever decides not to work. So much for modern technology.

My sig P220 has a cheap stamped sheet metal slide. A cheap aluminum frame and cheap sheet metal roll pins that hold the in the interanal parts that are in the frame. They are a nightmare to remove from the gun if one wants to strip down the cheap stamped sheet metal interal parts or the powdered metal trigger and hammer.

I sure am glad I own this new wave wonder ****. I do not think I would be happy with a Colt 1911 made of finely fitted forgings, built like a work of art with a high polished blue finish. A pistol that is easily stipped down to the frame with no tools. A pistol made of old fahsion closely fitted forgings with a finely tuned trigger and groups that average 1 inch or less at 25 yards. I think I am happier with my Sig and its 3 inch 25 yard groups. Ignorance is bliss. I love my Sig. W.R.

denfoote

Excellent with qualification. The only one worth a tinkers damn is the Sig 225!!! That one is excellent. I plan to buy one as soon as I can.:D

Bullitt

Looks like the poll speaks for itself on the quality and performance of a Sig. I love my P228 and have never had a problem. :)

Brian Busch

I think someone needs to state what "Excellent" means on this scale.

When I think "Excellent", I think SVI Infinity, Korth or Ed Brown Custom.

I Don't think SIG.

And while the SIG P210 would be, IMO a "very good", along with the likes of the HK P7 and Walther P88, the average SIG would seem to fall in the "good" category along with Glocks, Berettas, CZs and the plastic HKs.

Average I consider Para-O, Ruger, Tuarus, etc.

Lets keep things in perspective.

Last edited:

lonegunman

A Wilson 1911 is "excellent"

A Sig, Glock, HK, Beretta, Kimber are "average"

A Ruger or S&W auto are "below average", but still usable.

everything else qualifies as POS.

David Park

Since I don't have much experience with others, I ranked SIG as "very good." I love my P239, but I tried a P220 and didn't care for it, compared to a 1911. I'd love to try a P245, though.

Zander

If you're so disappointed...

...in your "piece-of-trash" P220, sell it.

I'll buy it. Where are you and what do you want for it?

Zander

"Lets keep things in perspective..."

Do you mean with comparisons to $2,000 pistols and $4,000 revolvers?

LOL! Gun snobs are everywhere...;)

Brian Busch

Do you mean with comparisons to $2,000 pistols and $4,000 revolvers?

Well, a rating scale is a comparison. Theres a high end and a low end, and yes, $2,000 pistols and $4,000 revolvers do belong somewhere on it. Or would you say they are off the scale? Regardless, theres nothing snobbish about it.

lonegunman

The problem with calling a Sig "excellent" is that it leaves no room to rate better guns higher.

I guess we need a new upper limit, mayber "superior" for snobs like me who like Wilson's.

Wild Romanian

To Zander:
Sorry but I use the 220 as somewhat of an educational tool for new shooters. When they are shown this pistol and a classic like the original colt 1911 or browning high power or sig neuhausen side by side and then shown the pistols after they are stripped down they begin to understand the tremdous differece in both quality and engineering that have gone into the classics. For most shooters it does not take a whole lot of convincing. I sell a lot of quality 1911's. I sell a few Sig's but they are usually traded in quickly after the owner goes up against the 1911 crowd in a bullseye match. He usually cannot get rid of his sig fast enough. Of course I buy it back at a healthy discount but lets face it he was warned before he made his purchase. Some people just have to learn the hard way. W.R.