Sig sauer p250?

Deerhunt

My dad is going to get a new carry pistol in a week or so and he said that he was going to pick up a 22 for me and all i had to do was figure out which one (i have been wanting a semi auto 22 for awhile) anyhow I decided on a Sig 250. But then I saw a 226 and was wondering, would it be worth the extra money (bout $300) to get a 226 for a single action also? If you have any experience with either so I could decide. All I would be using it for is to check my traps and plinking and maybe the occasional varmint in the trap or out

Deerhunt

The plus about the 250 is that it is a compact model and the 226 is the full size and with the $300 I save I'm sure I could talk my dad into buying me a southpaw holster and ammo (cause I don't have enough 22 ammo:rolleyes:)also I might be able to get an x-change kit with the extra money saved with the 250 and if so what caliber should I get?

IMightBeWrong

Make sure to look at the P320 also. Basically the same gun as the 250 with a striker setup. As for the 226, it's a true classic but heavier to carry.

Onward Allusion

I got a couple of the P250's with a few Xchange kits. Good guns. Under appreciated. The 226 is a classic and worth the extra dollars if you are into steel hammer fired guns. Personally, I'd go with the 226 but I already have the 250's :)

lamarw

My understanding is Sig Sauer has discontinued the P250. I suspect there are plenty of them still available in the market place and possibly even in Sig's inventory.

I have not checked to see if this applies to the .22 rimfire or to x-change kits.

Fishbed77

You meed to do some research on what type of trigger system you want. The P226/P229, P320, and P250 (which I believe may now be discontinued) all have very different triggers.

pblanc

The .22LR rimfire P250 still appears in the SIG-Sauer 2017 catalog but the other calibers of the P250 do not. If you go to the "armed professional" SIG website, the P250 still appears to be available to law enforcement agencies in calibers larger than .22LR. How long it will remain available is anybody's guess.

I have no idea which and how many P250 caliber X-change kits might still be available, but I would not count on them remaining available for very much longer.