sig sauer p238

11bravo_2papa

I recently was lucky enough to walk into a local shop and see a p238 in the case for sale so of course I couldn't resist. I have only put about a hundreds rounds through it so far and no problems. In fact i'm rather impressed with the way it shoots. I have been carring an lcp and while i still love it the sig is far superior in my opinion. My only complaint is at a $599.00 price tag it comes with one mag and suggested retail for a second is $44.00. I see a second mag as standard equipment. Anyone heard of a better price, please let me know?

Raytor

Love mine - shoots much better than my LCP.
Changed the unsatisfactory grips though.
IMG2890.jpg

As for mags Colt mustang mags fit and are a lot cheaper.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/220/220052/pages/1111451/sig.jpg

Last edited:

docgunner

I bought 2 Colt Mustang mags from gunbroker and they run flawlessly at $20 a piece. I have read reviews that the Sig mags have led to some FTF's that people aren't seeing with the Colt mags.

KyJim

There are variations of the 238. If the $599 price is for one with night sights, that's probably a decent price. The basic model, without night sights, more in the $500 to $525 range.

I have used the Colt Mustang mags as well. In addition to the Colt branded models, Metalform makes Mustang mags. Metalform makes many of Colt's 1911 mags.

dreamweaver

long time colt mustang owner and fan. love the new little sig. this is the rosewood/ night sights model. there's a similar one out now with black wood grips. i migh have an extra colt mag for it if you can't find any.

dscf0319s.jpg

doza615

I've read that if you are having problems with your magazine example, mag wont seat with six rounds in it, unless the slide is open, you can call up Sig in NH and they'll send you a new mag at no cost to you. Seems that magazine FTFs are the only issues, which Sig seems to be correcting. If you get their new P238 first thing to do is run alot of ammo through it and see if you got one of their bum mags.

lara

irresistable Sig P238

I dropped my wife off at her store to do a little shopping and went to the gun place to kill some time.BIG MISTAKE.I saw this and couldn't resist it.She found the receipt awhile ago,and the SHTF!Oh well,she'll calm down till the next one.Larry

Attachments

• IMG_0018_2_1.JPG
    IMG_0018_2_1.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 136