Sig Sauer P226R vs Sig P226 Mk25

FrosSsT

I am in the market for a Sig P226. Before the inflation I really wanted a Sig Mk25, but they are now going for around $1300. I found a few Sig P226R's for sale around $850 NIB. My question is this - is the MK25 variant really worth the extra money (the water resistant finish and what not) than a normal railed P226?

Edited to include the E2

Last edited:

sigarms228

IMO no - not at all, especially for that difference unless you are near salt water spray/mist a lot. All my SIGs are plain Jane variety, as they originally were, and they have all been awesome.

You will love the P226.

tristar viper

There's no reason for you to spend the extra money. I have a P226 Navy, but back when I bought it I paid only a minimal amount more to have it than a regular 226, and it was nowhere close to $1300.....about $850 is what I paid, brand new. It's true there are slight differences between the MK25 and my Navy, but they are essentially the same gun.

FrosSsT

I found a (NIB) P226 E2 for $800. From the research I have done these are supposed to have better ergonomics along with a better trigger (SRT). Are there any downsides to this version or anything I have skipped across?