SIG Sauer P220 Two-Tone

David the Gnome

A stainless P220 has been on my to-buy list for a while now. I hadn't seen a good example for a reasonable price anywhere, I kept finding carry's and compacts but no full-size models. I lucked out this morning, however.

sigp22001.jpg

sigp22002.jpg

Came with the original box, papers, lock, two factory mags, and a set of Hogue rubber grips. I am particularly fond of the nickel controls, I think it really sets off the two-tone look well. I also much prefer the German made pre-rail and pre-beavertail which SIG seems to favor these days. All in all I'm pretty happy with it. :D

Last edited:

KyJim

Very nice looking pistol. I have considered the Sig 220 as well but have sorta' decided to focus on 1911s and revolvers.

mbott

I'm not a fan of two-tone, so I opted for the standard nitron finish, night sights and three magazines. Enjoy your Sig!

--
Mike

pogo2

Nice gun

I also like the stainless slide look and shopped for a P220 like yours for awhile. About 2 months ago I found the slightly different P220ST, the all stainless model, and bought it instead. It is heavier, with a steel frame instead of aluminum. It shoots very well.

SigP220ST30.jpg

crnook

I had a P220ST with the original rail. It was a fantastic shooter and recoil was very nice due to the weight. It was just too heavy to carry often.

Great looking guns though. The 2 tone looks very nice.

David the Gnome

It is the DA/SA with decocker. I'll be sure and post a range report when I get the chance. I had planned on shooting it over the weekend but didn't have time. I need to pick up some more 45ACP before I can shoot anything though. :p