Sig SAS

fairview mick

Does any one have a Sig SAS designated as "The New Carry Gun"?. I have a 220 SAS on order, but I understand that the 229SAS and 239 SAS are already on the market. Any one with experience with either one? The trigger is D/A only and has the same long trigger pull whether first shot or last.
Mickey

Hammerhead

The triggers are not DAO, they are Sig's new DAK system with a long LIGHT first shot, then shorter LIGHT follow up shots. The hammer is down, but the hammer spring is pre-cocked.
This is similar to H&K's LEM trigger and not too far from Walthers quick action trigger.
I still prefer DA/SA, but DAK should be better than DAO.

Silvanus

Are you sure Hammerhead?

I thought DAK system Sigs have the same trigger pull from the first to the last shot?

fairview mick

To Shield

Thanks. That's a better price than I got, although mine is the 220 SAS. Perhaps being new, they haven't seen the need to discount yet. That price is $200. below factory retail. I got $100.00 off, but?????????????

shield20

You ain't kidding!! I drooled for those SAS DAK a while ago - when I was looking for a new CCW (like I said - from their descriptions I think they would be damn near perfect), but my local stores didn't have 'em...The closest was the 229 DAK "Homeland Security" or whatever it was and THAT was almost $1000! Ended up with the P99 - which was a last second discovery/buy in lieu of the Sig Pro.

IF I saw one of these in person at that GA price I would buy it in a second, even if one of my current pieces had to go.

Good luck! And let us know about your 220.