Sig Pro SP 2340

SouthpawShootr

Opinions?

One of the true values of the firearms world. Excellent Sig quality, but without the P-series price. People that have them usually love them (those who have them and don't like them or got rid of them usually have a complaint about the gun's size which is a little on the big side or lack of a standard accessory rail). I have 2: a 2340 and a 2009 (9mm). Both have been outstanding.

Carry Gun?

This is by no means a compact carry gun. It's more of a service sized gun and therefore requires a bit more effort to conceal. No problem if you use a quality belt and holster.

What's it worth? Essentially new, case, 2 magazines, 2 grips, holster

Given that the 2340 has been discontinued in favor of the 2022 (which itself has been discontinued from the civilian catalog), I would expect a true LN specimen case, 2 mags, and both grips to go for $400. The holster is inconsequential unless you really like it and intend to use it, then it impacts the deal (though I would figure no more than half the cost of that same holster new).

Que

I have a 2340 and like the gun a lot. The accessory rail isn;t an issue as i don't use a light or laser. Mine's a Blueline (a version that was originally limited to sales to LEOs, came in a plain box with three mags) and has the Blueline crest on top of the slide. Mine is chambered in .40 S&W. I was able to acquire a factroy .357 SIG barrel that is 100% drop-in. Mags work for and are stamped for both .40 and .357 SIG. Extra grips are readily available on the Net and come in at least two different versions The gun is a keeper.

35206562lc9.jpg

finz50

I have one that I love taking to the range with me. IIRC they should run you about $450 used. Love the gun and I'll carry it from time to time, but IMHO a little on the heavy/big side for an everyday carry firearm.

Daryl Licht

My first Sig was a 2340 in .357. It's a vastly underrated pistol, maybe the most accurate and reliable auto I've ever used.

MTS840

The .40 S&W version of the Sig 2340 is our issue weapon.

It's OK, but in size, it's about the same as my G21 SF. I'd rather carry the Glock anyday though. My G23 seems to be less blocky and a bit lighter in weight, and although it seems a bit smaller, it holds one more round in the magazine. I'm not a fan of the Sig's higher bore axis either.

I can't fault the 2340 though. It's reliable. As far as concealability is concerned, our female officers can carry theirs in plainclothes.