Sig pro or HK USP for small hands

Peter Gun

Which do you think is better for small hands, especially short stubby fingers. Other polymer full size .40 suggestions appreciated, but I already have a Glock 22 and SW99. Does the sig pro have a short trigger option like the 239?

Shmackey

Compact USP would be ideal because you never have to use the double action setup. You can use the fullsize in condition 1 also but it's really pushing it with small hands. Fullsize USP and DA pull is absolutely impossible as far as I'm concerned. I've tried it.

spleenandideal

The sigpro does have a short trigger option, plus has two different sized backstraps that can easily be replaced depending on hand size. The sigpro is an often overlooked pistol, but I feel it packs a lot of value for the buck. I love the HKs, but I feel they may be too blocky, esp in .45ACP. Try to cop a feel at a local gunshop.

caz223

I have them both.
I like the USP for that, because in DA the trigger travel is less, and it can be carried in condition one, meaning you don't have to pull the trigger back nearly as far.
I do like them both.
I have farmers hands (Short stubby fingers), and can reach all the controls on both without shifting my grip.
I really like the mag release on the USP compact.
They are both really close in size, but for me the USP compact is the way to go.

priv8ter

Farmers hands?

Never heard them called Farmers Hands before, but I guess that is what I have also.

I have a full size H&K .40, and it was the first handgun I bought. With my hands, trying to get a first shot off DA is tough...it's a reach for my trigger finger, and my accuracy suffers.

Condition 1 carry solves that problem, but the Full Size is a hand full compared to some other guns I've held...still, in my totally biased opinion, nothing else I've tried compares to it in SA.

caz223

The compact USP fixes that by a thinner grip, and thinner steel mags.
I bought the USP compact instead of the full size just because the controls are closer together and more ergonomic.

caz223

Farmer's hands are short, stubby strong hands, usually calloused and warm.
Preacher's hands are long, thin, hands. They are more often cold, and sometimes have a pale white pallor.
I don't know how much truth there are in colloquialisms, but they seem to make sense.
No offense to farmers, preachers, or anyone else.
No animals were harmed forming this particular opinion.
As always, YMMV.

usp_fan

For reasons mentioned above, the USP Compact is excellent for small hands/short fingers. It is a great pointer, is fast to bring back on target for follow up shots, and everything is in an easy to reach position.

Last year we took the usp40c to an interactive range with video projected on to a screen. As you hit, the characters react and the story changes. My brother and his wife, as well as my wife and I burned through nearly 400 rounds in less than an hour. Each shooter would dump 2 mags and then let someone else shoot. Even the people that had shot full power semi-auto pistols very little were making good hits and quick follow ups with the uspc.

This was very unscientific, but did show me that a variety of hand sizes and shooter types found the H&K easy to hit with. We had Zero failures during this trip and the only failures ( less than 10)with this pistol in the 4 years I have owned it are directly attributable to low power reloads.

You can't go wrong with this pistol if it fits your hand and your budget.

--usp_fan

:)

Peter Gun

Thanks for all the info, I hadn't thought of the usp compact. I'll have to see if I can find one to get the feel of it. I didn't realize it wasn't just a chopped down usp.