Sig P938 questions

Mastrogiacomo

I'm considering picking up the Extreme at some point for carry and range. Where do folks that own this gun get the mags? I'm finding it hard to locate seven rounders easily. Thank you.

Laura

Mastrogiacomo

Wow....very nice. Quick question, how's cleaning the P398? One of the things that has kept me away is possibly damaging the extractor when putting the slide back. What was it like your first time trying to clean the gun? Was it a challenge until you got more familiar with it?

geetarman

The problem with the gun is getting the recoil spring back in. If the recoil spring is not captured, it is a bear to get back in. Tip: use a small rod through the center of the recoil spring so you can load it without it twisting out of control.

Technosavant

It's not too hard to strip for cleaning.

The recoil spring is much stiffer than the P238. Putting it back in takes some learning- one needs some strength. The ejector is very easy to deal with- I've never once had an issue with it. As you slip the slide onto the rails, just push it down so the slide can ride over it. The other trick is the slide stop... some folks have a difficult time reinserting it. I tend to retract the slide slightly, slip the post through the cam hole on the barrel, then one can pull the slide back so the notch is all lined up nicely.

It's a very nice little gun. I love mine.

Mystro

The P938 is a beautiful pocket pistol and very accurate and reliable. I carry one often.

With custom High Figure Grips.
P938cigar.jpg

P938BGrangenet.jpg

kcub

It's a better range gun than any other small pocket 9mm. Hogue rubber grips really tame the recoil. Accuracy is as good as you and the sights can do. Speaking of which the sights are pretty darn good for a small pocket gun.

The PPS is better but won't fit in some short trouser pockets. Also it comes in .40.

They are both fine for the range but that shouldn't be THE reason to buy one.

Mystro, I never tire of looking at your box elder burl grips from highfiguregrips.com.

fastlane

I own both P238 and P938. I like both of them. Not sure why I bought both but they are very nice carry guns. The P238 is very easy to clean. The P938 not so much. Read Geetarman post again. It will save you some aggravation if you do purchase the P938.

Mastrogiacomo

I appreciate all the comments. I have a number of big guns but I think now I'm gravitating towards small carry choices and revolvers more...not sure why at this point in my life. While I know that the guns aren't primarily used at the range, the only way to get good at using the firearm is by actually firing it and often. So, I do want it to be comfortable to shoot for long periods and that's why I'm getting the PPS 9mm the 640 pro, and hopefully soon, the Sig 938. Thank you for all the feedback.

Laura

PakWaan

I think the 938 is a blast to shoot at the range. I love the short positive trigger reset. Other than my 1911, it's the gun I enjoy shooting the most. Who would have guessed?