Sig P938 9mm with .22 lr conversion unit

Ibmikey

A couple of years ago my buddy gave me a Sig P 938 pistol, I carry it often when not totting a Sig P 238 or Kimber Micro. Recently Sig notified me of a current sale on the .22 conversion unit for the pistol. Normally prłced at about $300 the kit and one extra mag was $229 and shipped for free. What I did not know was the slide sported a great set of Sig night sights, my version is not the target model with a longer slide and adjustable sights. The standard unit (they do not seem to need model numbers on these units) has about 1/8 " longer slide than the 9 mm and is machined from a block of aluminum then given a hard anodizing black finish.
So far I have only fired a box of .22's through it in my basement pistol range, the unit fired without any failures and is quite controlable for such a light weight pistol. Next is a trip to the quarry where I can really get a feel for the pistol and print it on a target for accuracy. The 938 has suddenly become more than a defensive pistol but now a fun plinker.