SIG P6/P225: AIM or Centerfire?

Dabull

Anybody picked a P6 up from AIM or Centerfire? What kind of condition was it in? Would you recommend them?

johnle

it's going to have holster wear but the internals will be spotless for the most part.

I have on order from AIM.

ragwd

I have ordered one from aimsurplus, haven't received it yet. Sure am looking forward to getting it.

Nasty

AIM looked like this...mine from the March shipment.

SigP6sm.JPG

cide1

I bought mine from AIM during 3rd week of February, I paid for hand select. Mine was exactly as described. There was some holster wear, but the internals looked brand new. I put about 75 rounds through it so far, and it shoots like a SIG, which is to say, very well.

oppie

I was less-than-pleased with AIM. I paid top dollar in November plus extra for a hand pick. The gun was filthy; the Sig box was broken and the pistol had obviously been rolling around the inside of the sig container during shipping as it had blue scuff's on it. I could ship it back and AIM said they'd replace it , "but you'd be getting the bottom of the barrel" Yikes...I thought I did! Great. The gun cleaned-up OK so I kept it.

That said, I had a CZ shipped at the same time. Flawless. Go figure.

platform

centerfire march shippment

269 shipping was included (it was preordered for 2 month)

has rust pit of about 1 inch size on the back of the slide
some holster wear on the slide

the checked part of the grip (front) had disclored (looks like scratched off
paint)

Barrel looks like completely new.

grip screwes, inside the slide all had 'dust' meaning that it was in storage
for long time.

Cleaned it up quickly, put Break Free -- took to the range.
About 30 rounds -- perfect no malfunction.

magazine loading is very good, positive - no rattling
Same is for the overall function.

David the Gnome

oppie said:
I was less-than-pleased with AIM. I paid top dollar in November plus extra for a hand pick. The gun was filthy; the Sig box was broken and the pistol had obviously been rolling around the inside of the sig container during shipping as it had blue scuff's on it. I could ship it back and AIM said they'd replace it , "but you'd be getting the bottom of the barrel" Yikes...I thought I did! Great. The gun cleaned-up OK so I kept it.
When you select the hand pick option it means they will pick up the next five guns and select the best from those 5; it does not mean you will get a perfect gun, just the best one in that selection. It is possible the gun you recieved really was the best of those 5 guns.

rellascout

When you select the hand pick option it means they will pick up the next five guns and select the best from those 5; it does not mean you will get a perfect gun, just the best one in that selection. It is possible the gun you recieved really was the best of those 5 guns.

That is true which is why the practice is deceptive IMHO. It is paying extra for nothing. I prefer places that actually grade all of their guns and sell them accordingly.

ragwd

I would have had mine from AIM by now but my FFL is on vacation.:D Should have mine early next week, I will post pictures. If it goes as my other transactions with AIM, it will be a beauty, but at 260 for a sig I don't think I will be disappointed.

Logs

Vote for Centerfire

Centerfire listed on another site that you could get their P6's for $249. I picked up two and they are both keepers. Blue box, two mags, german manual, and crappy large holster.

Ask for the $249 price if they still have them at Centerfire.

Nasty

Rella - From dealing with AIM face to face, I got it that they graded the weapons and then sell them appropriately, there is no actual best of five...it's the top 20% (best of 5 equals 20%) of the weapons in any shipment that are sold as hand picked.When I was there looking at the Browning HPs, they had a tally on the whiteboard showing their call staff how many of each were left for sale. When the last of the hand picked were gone, it was zeroed out and *only* the lower grade were available for sale.

I'd not label them deceptive.