Sig P365

Groundhog34

I actually saw and TOUCHED a Sig P365 at a local gun show. My impressions are the gun is small, a little smaller than a Glock 43, maybe too small. 10 rounds is certainly a plus. I was not impressed with the quality of the gun. IMO Sigs made in US are not close to the old German quality. I will let others beta test for a few months. The sights seemed OK like the night sights on a FNs. The trigger is OK, better than a Glock out the box. To the gentleman selling the guns credit he had it priced at $599. the MSRP. He said he had only 1 or 2 however by mid day on Saturday he had not sold one.
My question is who are the fools paying $700. for a P365 on Gunbroker?

Laz

My main curiosity is how they managed to get another 4 rounds plus enough spring to hold up to the stresses in a package smaller than a Glock 43. Between Sig’s P365 magazine and Buffalo Bore Ammunition it would seem the dictum that you can’t get something for nothing has been repealed or at least pushed to the outer limit.

Groundhog34

When I say smaller I mean SLIGHTLY smaller, about the size of the Ruger LC Pro 9mm. It is not the size of a Rohrbrough which is to my knowledge is the smallest 9mm made. It is a little shorter in height and length maybe a hair wider. It is not like the difference between a Glock 19 and 26. The size difference is almost insignificant. My primary concern about the pistol is will it work properly. Shooting P+ in this small of a gun will have significant recoil. The post about magazine springs address this issue. Again IMO Sig's quality has gone down a little since moving their manufacturing to the U.S.

jmhyer

If I'm not mistaken, the extra rounds come from the fact that this is not really a single stack pistol. I think I heard it described as a kind of 1 1/2 stack...somewhere between single and double. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Groundhog34

If I'm not mistaken, the extra rounds come from the fact that this is not really a single stack pistol. I think I heard it described as a kind of 1 1/2 stack...somewhere between single and double. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct

Mosin44az

I can carry my G43 in my front pocket, so slightly smaller should work also. 10+1, standard night sights, and per the review I saw it shoots well, without harsh recoil. Definitely interested

Last edited:

Cosmodragoon

I'm waiting to hear from people who have spent range time with one. The smallest 9mm I enjoy shooting is the Walther PPS. I remember being surprised at how comfortable it was to shoot with standard pressure 9mm. With such higher capacity in what looks to be almost the same size, I'm curious about the Sig P365.

brian33x51

If they do get it working reliably we should expect to see "clones" in the not so distant future. There's lots of beta testers out there now...

Lohman446

I will tell you I am becoming more and more intrigued by this gun. I switched to a G19 for carry which works very well in the winter, spring, and fall but may not work out as well in the summer especially considering that I carry often when actively playing in the parks with my kids. I have, in the past, simply pocketed my P938 and called it good.

However I am a bit concerned, considering the amount of time I have spent with the G19 controls, of familiarity of controls with the P938 and erosion of skill.

So I have been keeping in the back of my mind that trading off the 938 for a the G43 in the future. The thing is the G43 lacks magazine compatibility with the other 9MM Glocks (one of the major selling features).

There is little doubt I will look into this if I decide to ditch the 938

Laz

I think I heard it described as a kind of 1 1/2 stack...somewhere between single and double.
That’s my understanding also. Still the room for that “1/2 stack” has to come from somewhere. Just tonight I simply eyeballed the difference between the grip thickness of my single stack Sig P290rs and my double stack Glock 19 (apples and oranges, I know) and the Glock appears (and feels) nearly twice as thick regardless of dimensions on paper. If they have done what they claim, successfully and reliably, I am most impressed.

Joe_Pike

I had a chance to handle one briefly and it certainly is small. I also thought it was pretty top heavy unloaded. I still refuse to be a beta tester though.

wmg1299

My LGS had a 365 in stock today, and I was impressed with what I saw. It was even smaller than I expected. I thought it would be similar in size to the Taurus PT111, but it is much closer to the Glock 43 (maybe even a Glock 42). The trigger guard felt larger than I expected, which prevented me from getting a full three finger grip with the standard magazine inserted. The standard night sights are a nice touch, and I probably would've bought it on the spot if it fit my hand a little better.

JJNA

How is the back strap? One thing I disliked about the P290RS was the blocky back strap. Is the back strap on P365 nicely contoured like that on the P320 or is it like that on the P290RS?

Laz

the G43 lacks magazine compatibility with the other 9MM Glocks
In fairness, it should be noted that the P365 lacks magazine compatibility with other 9mm Sigs, also.

Lohman446

In fairness, it should be noted that the P365 lacks magazine compatibility with other 9mm Sigs, also.

True.

I have a lot of G19 and G17 magazines. If these were compatible with the G43 (they aren't for obvious reasons I know) it would be a big selling point. Be a big selling point if they were compatible with the P365 too... obviously not. I don't have a lot of SIG magazines so its not a factor