Sig P320 return times

pblanc

In a word, no. While I know of a few individuals whose pistols were at SIG for a month or longer, the door-to-door turn-around time for most has been much shorter. In many cases, P320s have had their pistols back within 10 days after shipping.

Don't count on that, however. I had two P320s upgraded. Turn-around time for the first was just over 3 1/2 weeks for the first and just over 2 1/2 weeks for the second. Still better than 4-6 weeks, though.

On the other hand, you may wait months to receive a shipping label from SIG Sauer after registering your pistol for the upgrade. After you receive the shipping label, you have 90 days to use it.

TunnelRat

My turnaround was literally one week. However, we've had members here take over a month. I think using the longer estimate is the safer route.

Fox84

I'am going away for awhile end of Feb. I have the shipping label already. I may take a chance and send it now.

Thanks for the info.

RUT

They received mine on 1/2 and it will be delivered back to me tomorrow, 1/12. Not bad, I'd say.

rcollier

Sent mine on 12/21 and got it back on 12/29, can’t complain especially since that was over the Christmas holiday!

Tom-R2

I think the turnaround on my wife's P320 was about 12 days, not counting a weekend that it was in transit.

Mackie244Bud

My P320 Compact RX took 7 days from my door and back.

FYI... in all forums and on you tube the turn-around results show that it's the P320 45's that take longer due to more milling required.

Fox 84 if you sent your 9mm on the 10th you should see it back by the 17th or 18th.
Let us know.

Mackie244 Bud

TunnelRat

My P320 Compact RX took 7 days from my door and back.

FYI... in all forums and on you tube the turn-around results show that it's the P320 45's that take longer due to more milling required.

Fox 84 if you sent your 9mm on the 10th you should see it back by the 17th or 18th.

Let us know.

Mackie244 Bud

I keep seeing this coming up, so I’m going to keep saying this. I’ll bet all the money in my pockets that this is being done on a CNC machine, that is what SIG is these days, a CNC powerhouse (I have had multiple friends work there). They make thousands of parts in a week. Even if it were done on a mill by hand, how in the world would a bit more material removed account for an additional week, or two? I could mill faster than that with a file. This is a company now working on the biggest handgun contract in the US, possibly the world. It if took them that long to do milling the US Army would never see that contract finish.

If I had to guess I’d say it’s simply a matter of there being a different CNC program for the 45 ACP than the 40 SW and 9 mm slides, or maybe different jigs. The reason it adds so much time is that the 45 ACP slides are in the minority and they likely only change the program/setup on a limited basis to maximize the number of slides they can do in a day (spending time switching back and forth is not efficient). That is do 40 SW and 9 mm the majority of the time and only switch the program when they have received enough to warrant the change for the day. My guess is the delay is SIG waiting for enough 45 ACP models to be received to warrant the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smokehouse4444

How do you guys even get a return # to send it back? I've wasted about 4 hours sitting on hold on the phone over several calls, just to talk to them about buying an AEP for my 226 Tacops.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

smokehouse4444

Appreciate the link, but I was looking to send my SIG P226 Tacops in for the AEPackage. ONE time, I got a woman to answer the phone. I just kept hitting 0 to get an operator, as I wanted to know if there was truly anyone there ar SIG. She assured me there was, and said they were just swamped with calls. She took my name and number and said she would have someone call me asap that day about the AEP and return number that I would need.

That was a couple weeks now. Never heard anything, and have sat on eternal hold every other time I called.

At one point, I just left the phone on and went to the store and back. Guess what was going on when I got back? Eternal hold. Regardless, wasn't trying to jump the thread, was just wondering how you folks were getting through. I'll be looking at Gray Guns.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Mackie244Bud

TunnelRat said,

If I had to guess I’d say it’s simply a matter of there being a different CNC program for the 45 ACP than the 40 SW and 9 mm slides, or maybe different jigs. The reason it adds so much time is that the 45 ACP slides are in the minority and they likely only change the program/setup on a limited basis to maximize the number of slides they can do in a day (spending time switching back and forth is not efficient). That is do 40 SW and 9 mm the majority of the time and only switch the program when they have received enough to warrant the change for the day. My guess is the delay is SIG waiting for enough 45 ACP models to be received to warrant the day.

Sounds Logical to me which still means the delay is due to the differences with the slides call it milling or setting up a CNC machine.
If you see pictures of a 9mm slide and a 45 you will see the vast differences between the two.

Mackie244 / Bud