Sig P320 (is the 45 acp really missing from the 'carry' configuration) why ???

PACraftsman

I've been looking for a top notch carry sized 45 acp. I found a great pistol in the Sig P320, love all the options. But I think the carry size would be perfect and it seems to be the only P320 configuration not offering 45 acp. Is this correct or am I mistaken. If that's true why?

Last edited:

PACraftsman

I know you can get the P320 in 45. That's not what I asked. Currently I can find 4 configurations in the P320. They are (in order from size largest to smallest) "Full Size", "Carry", "Compact" and "SubCompact". What I originally asked was why I couldn't find the "Carry" configuration in 45 acp. It seems odd to me that they left it out on the carry especially when it's the second to largest format.

pblanc

The SIG P320 .45 ACP has been out for some time. But SIG does not list .45ACP as a caliber on their P320 Carry page, and I do not recall ever seeing one. As you probably know, the P320 Carry models all have compact length slides and barrels but a grip module with a full-length grip that excepts the full-sized magazines.

I have read that SIG came out with the Carry model in response to law enforcement agencies that wanted a pistol with a full-length grip and full-size magazine capacity, but a somewhat shorter slide and barrel for less weight and a quicker draw. It may be that not too many LEAs are interested in a .45 ACP duty pistol these days.

If a Carry sized P320 .45 ACP is really what you want, I would suggest buying a P320 compact .45 ACP. You could then get a full-sized P320 .45 grip module and some full size magazines. Cut the end off of the grip module to match your slide length. You could then switch your fire control unit from one grip module to the other. Obviously, the compact grip module would be a little easier to conceal. The full-size magazines would work fine in the compact grip module.

PACraftsman

Yes, when it was first introduced in 2014 that was the case. Since then the 45 was produced in the Full size, compact and subcompact. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing any on the carry model.