Sig P250 45 compact

RsqVet

Browsing the Sig catalog --- find the P250 45 acp sub compact to be very appealing, on paper.

Anyone see one in real life?

ImDisaster

Haven't seen the P250 in any chambering other than the 9mm yet. Supposedly it will be easily changeable but I wonder how much the additional changeable parts will cost...probably more than just buying someone else's .40.

RsqVet

Well in the catalog they show the 45 top ends as being diffirent from the 9 / 40 / 357 so yeah to go from 9 to 45 it's going to be some big dollars I would think.

What appealed most to me was the picture of the sub-compact 45 acp --- 6 shot, about the size of sig 239 but 45 acp.

I would only be intrested in this gun if they sell it whole or nearly whole... I have no desire to spend tons of money on a gun only to have to spend hudreds more for add ons....

Honestly the P250 seems to make the most sense for agencies or places like CA where guns are increasinly hard to get so you can have one "frame" and diffirent top ends --- similar to an AR15.

ChicagoTex

The 250 is only available as a 9mm right now, other calibers and frames are supposed to come along towards the back end of the year.

It bothers me that SIG marketed the interchangeability of the 250 from day one but hasn't delivered a single alternative to the 9mm compact since it's release - it's made their gun a slow seller and I think a lot of people will have "forgotten about it" by the time it can finally do what it promises. I honestly think SIG would've been better off waiting until they had all their ducks lined up in a row before they introduced the P250.

RsqVet

Chicago ---

EXACTLY!!.

I saw a 9mm when they first came out and figured SURELY they would have more stuff out by now. Oh well.

It makes one wonder how many new product releases Sig can utterly screw up...

first the 1911 / GSR that was crud to start with and took a few years to even out

Then the 556 which was a huge flash followed by months of waiting and then many issues and utimately a product that many like, but think could be better.

Then they re-vamped the P220 / 226 / 229 yet many of these configuratiosn either don't exist or are rare enough to never be seen in the shops I go to...

Anyway....

HK123

What i also do not like is the trigger. DAO which is long and the reset is way up front. Should have at least made the reset point shorter.

joegator

I've only seen the compact 9. When and if they ever release the 45 kit it will probably cost as much as new Glock.

RsqVet

HK ---

I agree, about the trigger on the 9mm P250 I played with, would never consider it in a full size gun --- for a P239 size 45 I'll cope with it....