Sig P239

patrol

Anyone have experience with this single stack for concealed carry? I'd get it im the 40sw. Im debating on this pistol or a Smith 457 in 45acp for IWB carry.

xrocket

Yes, I CC a Sig 239 in 357sig most every day. My next gun purchase will be the same in 9ml for my wife to carry. Works for us.

BigJimP

I have one I carry in warm weather once in a while - its small - but frankly the grip and frame are too small to fit my hand well ( but that's the only reason I don't like it ). I think its an especially good gun in .40 / easy to carry like on a bicycle, out for a walk, something like that.

Richard

patrol, I have a P239 40 S&W but I really do not care for it. It feels chunky and heavy in my hands; this may be just me as others love to shoot it. I might give it a second chance with a 357 Sig barrel as I love that cartridge. Regards, Richard:D

Muddflap

I carry a 239 in .40. Didn't feel too good, but I could shoot it well enough. I tried a set of the Hogue grips, and it felt better, but they were sticky enough that they kept getting tangled up in my t-shirt when I tried to draw. Finally broke down and got a set of Nill grips for it. They are expensive, but they feel great. It feels like a different gun.

computerguysd

The first Sig I shot was a friend's P239 in 9mm. There was a used one just like it in the shop that day, so I bought it. The next Sig was a P239 .40 SAS, then the next was a Sig P232, then a Sig P229, then a Sig (well you get the picture) :rolleyes: Sigs CAN be habit forming! ;)

The P239 is a great carry gun, just get a good holster for it.

Last edited:

UniversalFrost

have a sigp329 in .357 sig. it originally was .40&W but after I swapped in the .357 barrel I would never go back. Recoil is much light and yet the poi/poa is dead on. The only complaint is that the p239 is a bit top heavy.

The p239 seems to feel like it weighs as much as my beretta 92fs when both are fully loaded. I know that the 92fs weighs more, but it distributes the weight more evenly. I also swapped out the original grips for a set of the Hogue grips with the finger grooves and it felt a heck of a lot better and handled very well.

would buy another. Oh i picked mine up used on gunbroker for $500 shipped.

Dourdave

I put the P239 in a Crossbreed super tuck IWB and it carries very well. The Crimson Trace grips help the feel of the gun in my hand.