Sig P239 SAS Need input from Owners

LewSchiller

Trying to decide it the SAS option is worth the price spread from the Equinox or other Stainless slide version.
Thanks for any input!

psyfly

Recently owned a P239 SAS DAK .40 and liked it a lot.

Traded it for something I liked better.

The SAS option IMO is primarily cosmetic. I think it made the pistol look and feel better but YMMV. I say "primarily" because some people might need the tactical advantage of all that smoothness :eek:.

The DAK trigger OTOH, well... meh.

I just liked the way it looked.

Best,

Will

allaroundhunter

I don't think it makes that much difference honestly. It is a nice sales feature, but the non SAS design doesn't have many snagging features that are fixed by the SAS design.

LewSchiller

SAS is a cosmetic variant which I gather is what all the 238 models are. Different finish - grips and such but I don't see any performance upgrades.
On SAS they relieve the sharp edges to make it more snag resistant.
This would be primarily used by my wife and between on body and purse carry, snag could be an issue.
I...quite frankly...just like the way they look :)
So I guess the issue really is, how snag prone is the 238 in standard trim vs the smooth slide?

zoomie

I didn't like the DAK trigger. Normal would have been better for me, and SRT may have been better still. Haven't shot the SRT version.

vyse.04

I erred in my subject - it's the P238 SAS that I'm vacillating over.

I feel like the same comments on the P239 still carry over to the P238 in terms of SAS vs other models. If the slight differences appeal to you over the others, go for it. They are already small firearms, and there really isn't a whole lot of metal to be shaved/rounded off.