Sig P232

Tom2

Might bite

I have handled them and think they are nice guns. Supposedly the best 380 you can buy, even over a Walther. I have read that they can grab your hand in the web area, from the slide coming back. But the PPK or the like can do likewise. The nice Mauser HSc will also give you nasty hammer bites. So as a class the 380 guns can be hand biters. Maybe the Berettas are better in that respect. They are also quality guns, if bigger. But if you get into larger 380's you might as well get a compact 9. I have a Sig 239 that is pretty compact and it shoots sweet and never bites the hand that feeds it. But all in all the 232 is considered the Cadillac of the 380's. Unless you love SA guns and have alot of money, then a Colt 380 might get it for you. They are priced like a Caddy, used!

IanS

It is a soft shooting gun despite the fact its a blowback weapon. Its very slim, very accurate, nice DA/SA action, and its probably the one of the nicest looking handguns you can buy. But, the darn thing still drew blood on the web of my hand despite my best efforts at shifting my grip. Annoying.

I'm still considering getting one despite that incident. Its just such a sweet little shooter.

COK

Both the 230/232 show quality workmanship in a .380 , a large hand may have a problem with the slide coming back , hold one before you buy it to see how it fits.

Indy_SIG

My only complaint...

Is the European style mag release. I'd prefer an American thumb release like I'm used to. I've probably put over 1000 rounds through my 232 and it's never failed once (usually true of any quality gun that is cared for properly and used with quality ammo.) In the .380 family of guns, it's the best I've seen. For a man with a smaller hand, or the typical woman shooter, it's a great gun to have.

No4Mk1

Both the Mak and the Bersa are far better buys and a lot more gun for your money.

I hear this over and over again, and all I can say is if you can afford the extra cash, buy the 232. You won't regret it. I think the Bersa and Mak are both good values for the money, but the 232 is worth every extra penny.

The 232 is a well-made, highly reliable, sweet shooter, with a great factory DA/SA trigger. Also suprisingly accurate.

I have never been bitten by the pistol, and have rather large hands. If you have a correct grip on the pistol you should not have to worry about slide-bite.

juliet charley

I was speaking from experience. I've had a P232 (stainless steel) and currently have a couple of Maks. I dumped the P232 and kept the Maks. The Mak is the better weapon--and a lot more gun for the money.

Marko Kloos

The P232 is a great little gun. Slim, reliable, accurate, lightweight (16 oz.), flat, soft-shooting, good-looking, ergonomic, blessed with excellent sights, and extremely well put together.

Cons? Expensive for a blowback .380, the blued variant has an easily-marred finish, and the heel mag release is considered a drawback by some.

The Bersa Thunder 380 does the same job just as well for half the money, but the SIG has a nicer feel to it than any of the other .380s on the market.

A Toyota and a BMW will both get you to work in a competent fashion. If you can fathom why some people are willing to shell out extra money for the BMW, you can probably understand why some people prefer the SIG.

Alas, there are other very good options available in that caliber. Maks and CZ-83s are fine guns as well, built like tanks, and the Beretta 84 is just about in the same league as the P232 when it comes to fit and finish.

For me, the pick of the litter in .380 remains the SIG P232.

gunrunner

I will echo what most are saying here . i have one of these in the blue and it is by almeans a great little gun. light weight and smooth so you can conceal and withdraw with out problem. it shoots better than the PPK i was looing at and is well balanced. it only bit me once when i first shot it with a high grip, i let my thumb slip up before i knew how low the slide was. after that if you just grab it snug i never had a problem with it since. as usual SIG has a well built gun and you will not be disappointed. i agree with Marko kloos this is a BMW of .380's i tend to by the best Value and this will last your life time and hold its value better than some of the cheaper models. the grip mag release is the only thing that will take alittle to get use to but after a few mag changes its not a big deal.

Jehzsa

I have a Sig P230 chambered in 9x18U. More umphh than the .380. With Geco ammo, 1054 fps. Fiocchi ammo 1065 fps. Hirtenberger ammo, hotter still.

If you can find one, it's the best buy.

WillBrayjr

I would have the to vote for the Sig. They are indeed worth every penny you pay for them. If you have the spare money then buy the Sig. If you just can't afford it without going broke then get the Bersa or Mak.