Sig P232 issue

cdbeagle

I have a CZ 83, Bersa Thunder and also load for a Sig P238 that my daughter's boyfriend owns. Been handloading for a year. I load Berry's 100 grain HBRN and Hornady 90 grain XTP and the above pistols shoot them great.

Just bought a Sig P232 and am having an issue with the Hornady XTP's. About every third round hangs up on the feed ramp when going into battery. The rim of the case catches on the lip of the feed ramp. I load both bullets to the same COL but of course they are shaped differently. Do you think shortening or lengthening the COL might help or is there something else I can try?

I reused a round that hung up in the picture so you can see where the case rim was gouged the first time.
0a93848d-3e05-4f1f-87cb-472e0e7e9135.jpg

Strafer Gott

My 232 shoots ball great, but hangs up on hollow points. Putting more crimp on straight walled cases is problematic. I think I'd back out the bullet seater and turn the die in just a little more and re- crimp. Putting a little bevel on the outside of the case mouth might help as well. If anyone cured the issue with a Lee factory crimp die, perhaps they'll pipe up.

cdbeagle

I've only been using the Berry's for a short while. The XTP's I've been using for a year. When I started using the Berry's I backed off on the crimp since the bullets are plated. This was before I got the P232 and I haven't tried the XTP's with the lighter crimp in my other .380's yet. I will do that. On the XTP's that didn't feed the bullet was set back in the case a little bit. Maybe tightening the crimp back up when I'm loading the XTP's might help. I'm going to see how they work in my other .380's with the lighter crimp first though. The Berry's bullets state a .356 diameter on the box while the XTP's have the standard .355 diameter.

cdbeagle

Problem fixed.
I just loaded 21 cartridges and tightened the crimp. Just fired all 21 with no failures.