Sig P228 Is Sweet! P239 Okay.

jtduncan

Just checked out a P228 from the range rental at WSI in Bellevue WA last night.

Boy was I impressed. It was accurate as all get up. Digested all of the ammo without a burp.

If you're looking for a nice CC Sig, the P228 is the cat's meow.

I shot the P239 last week and it just didn't seem to have the balance, fit or feel of the minimally larger P228.

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter
If it can't shoot jacketed rat ****s powered by mouse farts, I ain't gonna shoot it!

jimmy

I have to agree. The P239 may be a good gun in its own right. But I've never been able to see it as the equal of the P228, which is my clear favorite among SIGS.

BTW, my next favorite SIG is the P220, closely followed by the P225.

AA

I have had a P226, P228, 2 P230s; and have sold them. I am keeping my P239 .40 S&W and my blue P232. After I put on Hogue rubber finger groove grips on my P239, it balanced 100% better. It is by far the most accurate Sig I have had, definitely a keeper. The 232 is accurate, but not like the 239.

G23

I really like the 228 but I was totally intrigued by the 225 I saw at a local range. It was for sale so I couldn't rent it but I did get to handle it. Its probably the nicest feeling handgun I've ever held! The grip shape and feel is different from the 228. Has anyone ever had one of these or fired one? I'd love to hear about your experience.

PATH

Sigs in general are nice but I must agree about the 228 being the best. Nice to carry and accurate as all get out. That is why I own one!

Mike Baugh

Having owned 2 - 228's I agree they are a nice weapon , but the 239 fits my hand a lot better , also when I carry in a IWB holster the 239 is a lot more comfortable . I dont think you can go wrong with either one , I just like the 239's better . Good luck and Merry Christmas , Mike...

Jeff OTMG

G23, the P225 has a huge and loyal following. There was a string on this board about just that a few weeks ago. The P225 is, IMHO, one of the best pistols SIG has ever made, in fact, right behind the P210. It is becoming my primary carry gun when I am dressed to carry something that size. It is thin enough to ride comfortably in an IWB holster, mags are cheap compared to the high caps, and it is a sweet shooting pistol. I like the grip on the P225 much better than I do on the P239, it feels SO much better. The only complaint I have is a very heavy DA pull on the guns that I have shot.

Tecolote

P228 all the way. It's the perfect all around pistol. Light, compact and very accurate.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Bob Locke

Never shot a P228, but I own (and carry) a P239 in 9mm. Have had it for 2 1/2 years, and have put about 5,000 rounds through it. It gave me a problem the first time I shot it, because I didn't have enough sense to oil it first. It comes right up for me very naturally and quickly, and I'd bet my life on it.

EQUALIZER

G23,

I agree with you about the 225. Maybe we have similarly sized hands, but I've heard those who are by and far my senior in experience with a variety of handguns tell me that the 225 felt the best to them for the same reasons that you mentioned.

Happy New Year!!!Century!!!!Millenium!!!

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)