Sig P226S X-Five value?

DubC-Hicks

Hey guys, I have a trade offer for my Tavor SAR. A P226S X-Five with 5 mags, original case and paperwork, in supposedly excellent condition. It's not a gun I'm particularly interested in, but I know they're quite expensive and very well made. I've done some quick looking at gunbroker and found only a handful of them for sale, all used and around the $2,000 mark. Is that about what they sell for? I'll try and attach one of the pics he sent me.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9uePhj7bqSRXgGSLA

rt11002003

One would expect the X-5 L1 to fetch something in the high $2,000 to low $3,000 range. The L1 is the premier model of the X-5 series. SIG Germany produced a bunch of different colored models that were plain Jane along with a couple of models that looked like the L1, color wise. Nice guns, but not the performance level of the L1. I owned a X-5 Competition and still own a X-5 L1.

A few months ago I watched a couple of guys shooting a 1" bullseye in a 5" target at 7 yards. Their goal was to completely cut out the red bullseye without touching the black outer ring. When they finished, I stepped up and found out they were shooting the L1. I can't do that well.

I also owned a X-6 L1 which I shot it much better than my X-5. I think I'm a wimp and control pistols with 6" barrels better. When I sold it, it went for $1,500+ over original purchase price.

Also, there were two generations of the X Series p226s. Generation 2 had a rail under the front of the frame and had a slightly different shape of the front of the slide. The X Series were still available from a private importer after SIG USA ceased importing them. Those available from the private importer were priced much higher than the SIG USA imported pistols. I'm not sure if that importer is still around.

IMO you should make the trade, shoot the pistol and see what the market does. I've made out well in selling my German made SIGs. And, they're fun to shoot.

Rinspeed

Pic is not showing up but depending on which X5 model it is you would be better off holding on to it for a couple years. The prices will only go up especially seeing Sig Germany is only producing a small fraction of what they did five years ago.

Rinspeed

Looks like a standard X5 that was made around 2010. If I remember right they were around $1800 new. Don't think it's the upper end L1 that has the adjustable trigger though, still I'm sure it's a very sweet shooter. The test target that came with mine has a 5 shot group under .75" at 28 yards.

bac1023

The X-Five L1 in 9mm is bringing $3500 or so these days in like new condition.

Take $1000 off for the same gun in 40S&W.

rt11002003

I'm with "Rinspeed". It doesn't look like the L1 model, or the Competition model. Both had wooden grips. My understanding is that all the X-5s were great shooters. My Competition model shot as good as my L1. I got the L1 for the adjustable trigger. Prefer really light trigger pull.