• They are both about the same

Votes: 15 27.8%

• Total voters

Firepower!

Hello
I have a P226 in 9mm. Here are two pictures:
Sig2.jpg

Sig1.jpg

I want to know how does the P226 measure to HK P30 in all aspects that are important to you? I am interested in your input because a few dealers have been trying to push their P30's to me in exchange for the P226. Thus far I have held out believing that P226 is a better pistol over all with time tested results.

Regards

DBAR

Your P226 is just fine, don't let anyone convince you other wise. The H&K is a fine handgun in it's own right, but you already have a very fine 9mm handgun. If I were you, I'd stick with that P226!

DBAR

christian812

It seems that your P226 is a " Made in Germany" ... am I right ?
I have 3 semi's ... a P226, a P2000 and a vintage (1978) Browning HP.

The P30 is exactly the same engineerd pistol as the P2000 with different ergonomics.
I have to say that I got a few troubles with the P2000 (2 times broken hammer spring rod !).
And it is supposed to be my CCW ... I don't trust it anymore !!!

I will keep my P226 by any way !
If it was a P226 Exeter US made > would be a different problem.

Firepower!

Christian812,
Yes mine is Made in Germany. Coincidently, I also had HK P2000 a while back and it jammed on local SMG ammo. That just turned me off and I sold it. If, HK P30 is the same stroy then I would not even touch it. Reliability always wins over cosmetics for me. The proof marks on this piece are 2007. I also have a 220 which is 1977, dont know if that qualifies for any value as vintage or not but here is its picture:
05052010093.jpg

christian812

Oops ... firePower
Do you realize that you have a 9X19 German P226 and a .45 W.German P220 (so dated before the Wall went down) ??
Your P220 is already a collector !
Why do you want to spend monney with a P30 ???????

At least, don't trade your P226 or your P220 > keep them by any way !

Coltman 77

I have both pistols and love both of them. Two great sidearms and you can't go wrong with either. :)

The P30 is a much more recent design and has better ergos IMO.

It just melts into the shooter's hand, is super accurate and uber reliable.

Very close call, but I give the edge to the HK.

rsxr22

I own and enjoy both pistols. i have had failures through each which is inevitable but they are both great guns. i would not trade your 226 but if your thinking of picking a p30 up go for it there awesome. This thread i believe is going to be more peoples opinions on which one they like better compared to their reliability because they are both uber reliable just like glocks, xd's, m&p's, etc

Coltman 77

Quote by Firepower:

"I want to know how does the P226 measure to HK P30 in all aspects that are important to you? I am interested in your input because a few dealers have been trying to push their P30's to me in exchange for the P226. Thus far I have held out believing that P226 is a better pistol over all with time tested results."

OP: I've quoted your original post above.

And, frankly, you wasted my time answering your question to the best of my ability.

You asked for opinions and I offered mine in good faith. Little did I realize that your decision was already made. :mad:

Honestly, man, why did you even bother to ask?

I resent you wasting my time.

Firepower!

Please place me on your ignore list so I dont waste any of your precious time. This way you will not see my useless threads of posts. Thats all I can say about your resentment. Lol.

The question is not entirely on what I believe but it is asking for opinions of others since I have never used P30; and I have been asked for a trade.

christian812

Colt ... P30 is just the same as P2000 which is a development of the USPC with CDA (DAK on Sig).
This admitting that you take the .V with decocker.
Nothing change ... really ...

Except if you go for Glock's ... but I hate their trigger feeling.

Just reading your answer ... if someone is wasting your time ... why do you waste your time to answer !!??

Last edited:

RMA

If you ever choose a P30 I higly recommend the LEM version (takes some gettn used to) but its awesome once you get the hang of it ;)

SigP6Carry

I am going to put in a few cents from my uneducated point of view. Have I used a Sig P226? No. Have I used an HK ever? No. But my HD (and soon to be carry) pistol is a Sig P6, and I can tell you: it works without a single hiccup or issue. No jams or problems what-so-ever out of all the countless rounds I've fed this thing.

So, I'm saying: the P226 is better, simply because I know and trust Sig, but not because I don't trust HK.

LOUcifer

P226 by far!!!

I did not like the feel of the HK at all...did not feel right in the hand plus its not exactly a purty firearm...very reminiscent of another firearm that's a little too blocky for me :cool:

Dobe

Don't have a 226, but have enjoyed shooting them. I have two P30s. The first had many FTEs for the first 1000 rounds, and then became flawless. This is not uncommon for the P30. I read several other similar complaints about the P30. My second P30 has be malfunction free.