Sig P226 Custom Works X-Five. The best American Sig...ever.

bac1023

I just picked this up last night and can't wait to shoot it. Its the nicest work I've ever seen out of Sig USA and I fully expect it to shoot as well as any other pistol I own. Build quality, attention to detail, and refinement is outstanding. This is the Classic model with the cocobolo grips and I got it for $2325 OTD.

They come packed with features. The trigger is fully adjustable and comes set at a crisp 2.5lbs from the factory. The reset is short and it has no creep with minimal take-up. The sights are outstanding with a fully adjustable rear and a thin green fiber optic front.

The gun weighs 46.2oz with an empty magazine inserted, which will aid in shooting it accurately.

Just a fantastic pistol all around. Sig has truly outdone themselves.

Please enjoy the pics and share your thoughts...

I've now amassed a decent collection of American Sigs

P220 Super Match, P220 GT20, P210 Target, P320 AXG Pro, P320 Spectre Comp, P226 X-Five

wild cat mccane

Almost bought same from osage. Someone online mentioned something about the black gripped Classic had the better triggger (has holes in it) and they hoped the wood gripped model would get it...

Knowing nothing about the current trigger gives me pause.

Glad you mention it is an adjustable trigger. That negative review on gt about a 4lbs weight had me think sig pulled the feature.

Looks great! Look forward to you letting me know which of the two to get.

Skans

The X-Five is the most accurate semi-auto handgun I've ever shot. As much as I'd like to keep mine as a perfect safe-queen, I can't because it's just such a superb shooter. I wouldn't mind picking up another one to keep in pristine condition.

laytonj1

Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? I’d really like to know what kind of accuracy to expect. Same, better or worse than a CZ orange?

Jim

Airborne Falcon

Well, this sux bad for me ... or, more exact, my wallet. Now I want one.

Too many Sigs alread. I've got a custom shop FCU I am going-to build a P320 X5 type custom build around but .... I've loved P226s for so long and I have too many. Looks-like I'm about to put in an order for another. The pictures sold me. Looking forward to your range review Bac.

wild cat mccane

Armory Craft broke down the new xfive and said that a Legion can get within the xfives trigger weight easily at 3lbs set, but an xfive has creep the Legion doesnt. They claim to be making a part replacement to get rid of the xfive creep.

So the grayguns trigger in an p226 might be better than a stock xfive? Stainless frame is an obvious upgrade to the torque under rail failure of the series. Hmm.

Elite might be the best buy right now with extreme lust for the xfive