Sig P224

Rj1972

So I'm watching the latest issue of Guns & Ammo tv and they show the Sig P224. Apparently taken from a P229, the grip was shortened and maybe the slide? Anyway a more concealeable "Classic" series sig. I only mention it because I was coming here to read a little bit about it but didn't see anything. Nor to I see much on the intarweb...

BarryLee

Very interesting! A little pricey for a sub-compact version of the P229 though.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. I was curious what this thing would cost when finally released and thought it might be a little less. I really would like to hold one to see what it really feels like and how it might conceal.

Sig's MSRP pricing is usually grossly inflated. I've been told they'll run about $40 more than a P229.

The SHOT Show is next week, and I expect they'll be more forthcoming with information then.

Sparks1957

Not sure if I want one of these, I would prefer a DA/SA. I love my SIGs, but they are pricey. I need to get one in my hands to see if I like them

Last edited:

Departed402

They do come in traditional DA/SA, but all the ones pictured are the DAKs. You can even see where the hammer drop lever would be. Thank God SIG came out with a "sub-compact" double stack with the standard controls. I was going to settle for a P239, but now we get better capacity (albeit slightly wider) AND it takes bigger P229 mags? It's as though the people at SIG stole it from my very dreams!

They should have done this years ago! Honestly, how did they not?

SHNOMIDO

can a 229 and 224 take 226 mags?

Whats the difference?

226 is one of my dream guns, and i would love to be able to do the glock thing-

226 on hip, spare mags, 224 back up concealed, 224 mag in grip, reload with hi cap full size mags.

Maybe ill have to settle for the 229?

And i would also like to +1 the DA/SA. I'm waiting for that as well.

Maybe in a year ill be rich and i can get a matching set :D

tdocz

Hmm, I just got wind of the p224 today. Great concept, a little pricey and long overdue. Now I'm ******. Over the summer, I picked up a p290 w/laser sight, chambered in 9mm +p. It is DAO and has a single stack mag that holds 6 rounds. Actually, I really like the p290. It's a fine pistol. BUT, had I known the p224 was in development, I would have waited. I love my SA/DA p229 and would definitely have saved my money to purchase a p224 in either .40SW or .357Sig. Crap...:(

tdocz

BTW, P226 mags will fit in a P229 (of same caliber) but NOT vice versa. P226 mags are slightly longer than P229 mags.

One could carry a P226, P229 and P224 along with extra mags, as long as the spares are P226 mags. Of course, I am presuming that P224 mags will have the same mouth geometry as the P229 and P226 but will be shorter than either of them.

Departed402

@tdocz

The webiste says the P224 will take the newer E2 style P229 magazines. I'm not sure how all the conversions work with SIG now. Do you, or does anyone know which magazines are interchangeable these days?