sig p220

DAVID JOHNSON

Just got back from the range with the Sig.
Not to bad for a well used Sig. It looks like a Police trade in with Hogue ruber grips and Sig Nite sites. It has been shot a ton. In fact, it has been shot so much you can just make out the letters 45 auto on the barrel. This is the 2nd Sig I have (the other is a Sig Trailside with the target stocks and barrel weight) it still shot well about 2 inchs at 15 yards free hand with no rest. A good tribute to the quality of Sig. I found the sites to be point of aim and the trigger heavier than what I like.
Does anyone make a set of spring that reduce the trigger pull to about 2 LBS vs 4 or 5LBS. I know I'm being picky but if I could only get the trigger to feel like the one on my High Standard Victor 22. Does anyone make adjustable sites for the P220.

IanS

Do it at your own risk.

A 2 lb. trigger pull on a defense pistol is generally a bad idea. As sweet shooting as your Sig is your P220 is by nature a defense pistol. A defense pistol should have a trigger pull with some resistance. Pulling the trigger in a defense situation should be as deliberate as possible. A light trigger pull can be a liability, esp. when you've got adrenaline pumping, hitting something or someone you didn't intend. And I'm sure you could still run into some legal trouble in court even if it was a "justifiable shooting"

If you're absolutely POSITEVELY sure you'll only use it for target shooting, maybe. But then your Sig should be pulled out of your defensive battery.

KelTeKee

I wouldn't drop it down that low. I did that and I'd get bad strikes and just dent the primer. My 220 is at 7lbs I think with just the wolf springs' hammer spring and it a lot softer than stock. It has not had a failure to strike. Other than that, you don't need much for the 220 since yours is broken in already. Probably the grittiness is gone I bet. In single action mine is just right. It has enough pressure to make it safe. I leave it chambered all the time unlike my g33:). Adjustable sites are available from various companies like mepro, mecgar and other major co's. I would recommend that you nickle the slide to make her nice again. Have fun...

C.R.Sam

Good drill with the 220, or any DA SA, is to always make the first shot out of the leather double action. Simulates real life. With a bit of work on the shooter, the first shot will be somewhere in the middle of the group.

The more you practice with it double action, the less the heavier single action pull will be noticed. If the lockwork is smooth, should not be able to tell from the target which shots were DA and which were SA.

Don't own a 220 but use one a bit, and like em.

Sam