Sig P220

defjon

Any info on this gun?

I may be able to trade the RIA 1911 Tac custom I have listed here for a Sig P220 nickel. Would that be a fair trade? Anyone know of any sources for good reliable mags for the Sig p220?? Mec gar maybe or is it only factory?

Any info on this gun or where to find a good inexpensive source of mags would be great...would you guys make the trade?

BGutzman

I carry a Sig P220 virtually every day... Refined, reliable, great trigger, solid sights...

Worth every penny.

geetarman

Great gun. I don't think you could go wrong. I do have a question though. Are you sure the gun is not stainless steel?

I have never seen a 220 nickel.

Geetarman:D

wgsigs

Mec-Gar makes high quality, reliable mags and used to be the OEM supplier for SIG, though I don't believe they made the ones for the P220. I've had good luck with the nickel ACT/Novak mags I bought for my P220.

Congrats on your new acquisition!

Last edited:

David the Gnome

geetarman said:
Great gun. I don't think you could go wrong. I do have a question though. Are you sure the gun is not stainless steel?

I have never seen a 220 nickel.
The pre-stainless models that were made in Germany with the folded carbon steel slides could be had with a factory nickel finish. I had a P228 nickel model that I liked a lot. Nickel SIGs look really good and it's an extremely durable finish.

p22801.jpg

p22802.jpg

defjon

If you've never seen a nickel sig, they are quite beautiful!

This one is supposed to be comparable to the one I MAY be getting if the trade goes through.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=267848957

One question- I am hoping for a straight across trade as I imagine actual dollar value invested on either end is pretty even. However, what do you think a fair dollar amount to sprinkle on top would be if I need to sway the deal? I do really want it.

dgludwig

However, what do you think a fair dollar amount to sprinkle on top would be if I need to sway the deal?

If you really need to up the ante to make the deal happen, I'd throw in a hundred bucks -less, obviously, if possible.