SIG P210 duel

Classic12

One of the discipline used in Switzerland is the 3/7 duel, the target appears for 3 seconds and disappears for 7 seconds, series of 5 shots with ordnance pistols. Pistol / arms must be at 45 degrees rest angle before each shot. Distance is 25 meters.

Here are two videos I made during practice last summer with my trusty 1956 SIG P210-2 milsurp.

https://youtu.be/p9cajLsdqnE

https://youtu.be/WLABcuTxd-A

And the targets / results

2x10, 1x9, 2x8

3da3dcbf90dbeca575649ad78dd090cd.jpg

5x9

8a26a516e7553e809d1ebae836656b25.jpg

JohnKSa

Administrator
Very nice. I wish more ranges in the U.S. had turning targets that could be used for that kind of shooting drill.

When you get to the point that you can "clean" the drill with just one shot each 3 second interval, try it with two shots for a total of 10 rounds during drill. You're getting your first shot off quite quickly--I think you'd be in pretty good shape on the second one.

Classic12

Very nice. I wish more ranges in the U.S. had turning targets that could be used for that kind of shooting drill.

When you get to the point that you can "clean" the drill with just one shot each 3 second interval, try it with two shots for a total of 10 rounds during drill. You're getting your first shot off quite quickly--I think you'd be in pretty good shape on the second one.

I did that a few times, 2 shots each presentation for a total of ten shots. Then I upped it to 3 shots each pass, total 15 shots, with a Glock 17, bigger sights and easier to line up quickly. Didn’t keep scores but all 15 were somewhere on the target.

Jim Watson

"Very nice. I wish more ranges in the U.S. had turning targets that could be used for that kind of shooting drill."

ISSF rules provide for signal lights. Green for 3 seconds, red for 7 in lieu of turning targets.

hammie

@Classic12: Thanks for the photos and the youtube links. I enjoyed them so much that yesterday I went to a local gun shop and ordered a new Sig P210 standard. (Gun shops are considered "essential" in Texas.) This may not be the best time for such discretionary spending, but what the heck, I always wanted a P210, … and, (as the wife tells me after her shopping trips) "it's only money".

Classic12

@Classic12: Thanks for the photos and the youtube links. I enjoyed them so much that yesterday I went to a local gun shop and ordered a new Sig P210 standard. (Gun shops are considered "essential" in Texas.) This may not be the best time for such discretionary spending, but what the heck, I always wanted a P210, … and, (as the wife tells me after her shopping trips) "it's only money".

You’re welcome and congratulations on your new acquisition, don’t hesitate to show it.