Sig M400 Enhanced vs Colt 6920

MikeNice81

I don't mean it to sound antagonistic. I believe both are good guns. However, with both being the exact same price (most places) is there a reason to choose the Colt over the Sig?

I know the Sig has the front of the mag well ribbed (or something) for grip. What really got my attention was the tensioners on the receivers and the extractor. Do they really offer any big advantage? I've always been a Colt fan, but I like Sig. It is a hard decision.

Is there any reason one is "better" than the other?

Last edited:

JERRYS.

my agency recently got the Sig M400. we sent info/price requests to Sig, S&W, and Colt.

Sig was the only one to respond. I guess my agency's small order request wasn't enough for the others to bother with.

Tomas

I bought my first AR a little over a year ago. I was considering a Sig M400 E, Colt, DD and BCM. My unscientific decision came down to this: I carried a Colt in the Marines back in the mid/late 80s and it served me well under some incredibly trying times...so, I went with the Colt 6920 SOCOM. After over 2000 rounds, it's been perfect with factory, my various handloads, and lots of steel.

I don't have anything negative to say about the others...all excellent rifles.