Sig Lovers - New P220ST question!!!

Big Dog Dad

For all of the Sig lovers on the board - I bought a new 220 stainless today. This is my first Sig and I'm wondering if the heavy trigger pull (both single and double action) will lighten up after a few hundred rounds go through it? I carry a Glock 30 and this is a big, big difference in trigger pulls. I realize that the Glock is a totally different type of trigger, but compared to Kimbers, Colts, and Smiths, the Sig is really different. I don't know if the Sig just feels radically different from the others or if truly has such a hefty trigger pull. Any experience from Sig owners on the trigger lightening up after some range work?:confused:

Cawdor

I don't know whether it will improve, but the trigger DA pull on my 220ST is excellent, and the SA is satisfactory. If you are dissatisfied with the trigger pull on yours, I'd contact Sig.

ViLLain

The double action pull should be stiff but very smooth and something in the neighborhood of ten pounds. Single action is suppose to be on the light side. About 3 to 4 pounds and very crisp. If it's not, there's a problem and should be looked at.

SpecialK

Get some snap caps and just pull away while watching TV or something. But be sure you check to make sure it's unloaded and all live ammunition out of the room before you do any of that. Maybe after a few hundred pulls it should smooth out and lighten.

RT13

Sig is well known to have one of the best trigger pulls out there. My P220ST has only had a few hundred rounds fired through it and have only noticed a very slight smoothing of the trigger pull. Nothing else dramatic. I like the trigger pull on my 220ST from the beginning, but I do like it better after a few rounds fired trhough it. It just feels a bit smoother. I owned two other non-stainless P220's before this one and fired a few thousand rounds through those and noiced that usually at about after 800 rounds or so, the pull does improve a bit more. Everyone is different and one may have a different perspective than another person, especially after using other guns prior to the newer one.