Sig insiders...

topspin43

Where is the new Sig Mosquito? ... can't wait anymore. I'm pacing here. I need insider info from you guys. The websites don't tell you anything. What have you heard. I think it is a darn good lookin .22. This $300 is burning a hole in my pocket and my SO can smell the cash in the house. Help!

Lemme know.

topspin43

Thanks again IZ

BTW... my Beretta is now well oiled tx to you!

Also, just got this info from the SigForum...

quote:
MOSQUITO® SEASON IS COMING . . . On a routine visit to the back of the warehouse we noticed in among the pallets of Coast Guard and Postal Inspection Service pistols ready to ship out a strange pallet of smaller gun boxes. We tried to get a closer look but when we approached the pallet armed guards toting their
SG 552 Rifles warned us off - and they were very persuasive. However, an unnamed source close to the project indicated the pallet may in fact be the long awaited SIG SAUER® Mosquito® pistols. Don't worry, we're on top of this one and dispatching our own deep cover operative to get you the latest info. Stay tuned because it looks like Mosquito® season is just around the corner.

Us car salesmen types have no patience :cool:

Padawan

The quote I was given was actually around $350, but I'll have to check back with my dealer to see if that's still accurate. Also keep in mind that although it looks very much like a 90%-sized P226, the materials used in its construction are different. The frame is polymer (obviously not necessarily a bad thing), and I believe the slide is some sort of alloy rather than stainless steel.

Either way, I'm definitely going to be one of the first in line for a Mosquito when my local shop tells me they'd received the shipment.