SIG GSR Revolution STX 4000+ rounds later

nate45

I traded for this pistol early last year, I'm very happy to report zero malfunctions, good accuracy and no mechanical problems.

I ran a couple of hundred assorted 230 grain FMJ and fifty 200 grain SWC through it today. For a pistol in the 1000 to 1150 dollar range it is very nice and in my opinion, comparable to pistols costing twice as much.

100_0549.jpg

Double taps from 10 meters, with various brands of FMJ.

100_0559.jpg

100_0566.jpg

It has good fit and finish.

100_0202.jpg

In its El Paso saddlery yaqui slide, the mag carrier is also from El Paso, the mags are Wilson Combat, the grips rosewood from Hogue.

I own a Kimber and a fully customized Colt, I've shot, owned and looked at the 1911s of the major commercial and custom makers. I can truthfully say, that Sigs custom shop 1911, can hold its own with any of them. If you want a good 1911, but don't want to spend $2500+, give the Sig STX a try.

OneClownDown

Great review, I love my standard GSR Revolution so much its my main duty gun.

Pictures027.jpg

Nice choice in off duty holster, I think I have to order as well now.

KyJim

Nice pistol. I have one 1911 Sig and wouldn't mind having another. I've got a couple of others on my list first, though.

nate45

Nice pistol OneClownDown, I have a friend who is a Sig dealer and he tells me that he hasn't had any complaints on their 1911s.

He also is a Springfield and S&W dealer so I get compare the Sig side by side with them and the Sig measures up well.