Sig GSR-R

RsqVet

Just got me a SIG GSR-Revolution; not that I needed another gun but really have been kicking tires on full sized 1911's for awhile and I thought the combo of features, quality and price was good, other than the grips wich will be replaced with some aluma grips soon, hopefully off to the range tomorrow to try it out, on inital cleaning fit and finish was great.

RsqVet

Hey my price was about 940, It was the GSR in my opinion or look around for someone discounting Les Baer 1911's, the lower priced ones that go in the 1600 range.

Anyway the GSR shot well --- probibly better than me, thouhg I think I am at my best with a 1911 because of the grip profile and the short trigger stroke gives me less time to mess up a shot. No jams or other problems.

It is however it's on it's way back to Sig right now --- it seemed really tight when it was puttign it back together at first pre-shooting --- I attributed this to being a new tight gun.

Anyway as I was shooting it the trigger was a little variable --- occasonal grit then gone, then more so --- shot a few hundred through it and figured it was time for a cleaning and that's all.

After striping and cleaning slide would not go back on --- at all --- was working on the level with adequate light and lube, made sure the disconector and series 80 finger were relativly mobile ---- I then tried a brisk motion to the slide like I was cycling it --- mild stuck!!!!!!!!

Got the slide back off and noted shinny metal on the series 80 style firing pin safety arm in the frame --- I was putting it together properly on a level surface with the safety arm down as far as it would go --- ugh, it appears to stick up or jam in the up position --- I suspect it was up the whole time or there is some dirt, mill debris or someting else down in the frame slot where the series 80 finger or it's mechanism rides --- suspect this was the intermittant grit in the trigger I was feeling.

Oh well we will see what Sig says, anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Other than the soon to be replaced grips I like the gun a lot and it had me wanting a compat 1911, but then I tend to be an accumulator...

thanks

Congratulations on your purchase.

I have a GSR now, and have been patiently waiting for a Revolution to show up at my favorite gun store. They have supposedly ordered one for me. I am hoping it will shoot as well as my GSR, but be a bit lighter for CCW purposes.

Would be interested to know how the folks at Sig treat your situation.

Thanks.

RsqVet

Hey -- Sig made 100% good on the gun, in about 2.5 weeks the gun was returend to the shop early last week, I just picked it up, everything looks good and dry functions well, appers they replced some of the bits of the series 80 mechanism and it's trigger is great now,

We will see how it does at the range.