SIG for a Walther trade?

Eazyeach

My friend wants to trade his sig 938 for my walther PPK/s (interarms). My question is are the gun values close enough for an even trade? I have two of the Walthers so I'll probably make the trade. Just not real sure of the values. I think they're pretty close.

Sevens

No way. I truly don't know about "value" but one of them is long gone and not available and the other is new mass-produced and could be picked up an hour from now within 50 miles of any major city.

That makes them lousy trade partners.

Eazyeach

Good point Sevens. I didn't really think about that. I don't know how collectible the interarms Walther will be though.

rickmelear

I think it depends if you want a collector or a shooter. Own both and I prefer the Sig by a large margin margin as a shooter. However, it will more than likely never be worth more than you paid for it. As for the Walther, your choice.

Dragline45

Having owned a PPK as well as my father, neither proved to be reliable. IMO the 938 the better gun. Since you have 2 PPK's I would make the trade for the 938.

Last edited:

rickmelear

I think it depends if you want a collector or a shooter. Own both and I prefer the Sig by a large margin margin as a shooter. However, it will more than likely never be worth more than you paid for it. As for the Walther, your choice.

Eazyeach

I think I'm going to make the deal. Might try to get a little cash too. Thanks for the replies.

p.s. He's a really good friend and I don't have much invested in the walther anyway.

cslinger

If you want a weapon/tool yes go for it.

That being said as a gun geek there is no way I'd make that trade. I can run down to my local arms monger in the morning and slap my discover on the counter and come home with any 938 I want. Hell damn near any SIG. I can't say that about a PPK/s. It's just such a classy piece of history. But for me the guns martial attributes don't always trump the history/aesthetics/ etc.

tallball

I don't know about the dollar values. I have not owned those exact pistols, but I have owned many pistols based on them (Walther) or the one they were based on (Sig), and for shooting I would take the Sig every time.

kozak6

Trade it for the 938 and at least a $100. That's about right for a good buddy price. As long as you think he's not going to sell it.

TunnelRat

Asking for cash killed the deal. Thanks for your input everyone. Merry Christmas.

Sometimes it's a bad deal and you walk away. No shortage of people out there that think their pistols are worth more than they are.

Ibmikey

Easy, too bad-- you lost a good deal. I love my P 938 which is a totally reliable 9 mm rather than a somewhat reliable 380 that describes my interarms PPK. Now my pre war PPK is another subject altogether as it has not skipped a beat in thirty five years...maybe not since it was manufactured in 1932.
If you get the opportunity fire a 938 and you will see the easy recoil, positive grip (I use the extended mag) and accuracy.