Sig 556 Rebate Questions

Lurch37

I am thinking of purchasing one of the Sig 556 rifles. I have been looking at them since they came out and they seem like a nice rifle. My particular question deals with the rebate they are offering right now thru March 8 2010. The $300 I would be getting back makes this a much nicer deal in my book but my question is after looking at the rebate coupon, they want the normal info which is fine but they also want a copy of the 4473 that will be filled out when buying.

Typically I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat or anything like that but, for some reason I find it odd that they need this piece of paper for a rebate program. Has anyone here used the rebate? If so, was it a smooth process? Have you received your rebate yet? Were you bothered at all by Sig wanting a copy of the 4473? Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

Thanks!

Lavid2002

Sig is a reputable company. They prob. just wana make sure your legitimately buying the rifle and not ripping them off.

You could go through with it....or you could buy an AR-15:D

Lurch37

You could go through with it....or you could buy an AR-15

Yea but I have a couple of those and I want something a little different, plus knocking off $300 more or less makes it an attractive deal.