Sig 239 & "Sig SPC 2009" How are they?

Dead

I just saw the SIG 239 on CDNNinvenstments.com for $500, with (1) 7 & (1) 10 rounder mag, and holster!!

Was wondering if this is a good gun, and if this is a good deal??

This would be a gift to my girlfriend, and also her FIRST gun of her own. :)

THey also have a Sig Pro Custom Tutone, that is marked "Sig SPC 2009" in 9mm for $500 also.

What to get what to get?

SouthpawShootr

The SigPros are nice, but unless your girlfriend has big meaty hands, the gun will probably be to big for here. The 239 would probably be best. I have both and they are both accurate and reliable. I have a 10 rounder for my 239 and I really got to say that I don't like it. The other mags are a bit hard to find at a reasonable price, but they're out there. If the 239 is new, then it is an excellent deal. Used, but very good condition? Alright, so-so deal. The SigPro would be a good deal only if it is new and only then b/c it is a special edition.

Safety First

Can only tell you that I own the P239 9mm and love it.. Probably a great gun for your girl as well. It's light weight,accurate durable excellent gun for carry purposes,night stand duty or car gun...simply a great all round gun that is as reliable as any out there.. If the gun is new-In Box then $500 is a good price.she can use the eight round for carry purposes and 10 round for night stand duty. Not familar with the other one..Good luck

Dead

Thanks! Looks like I will be getting the P239, as soon as I confirm that it is NIB, which it appears they are. She seems to love those 9mm guns, both handguns and submachine guns! :D

Too bad here in the communist state of NJ it is nearly impossbile to get a carry permit. :(

Jamie Young

Good choice!

Since I know she can handle an SAR II, I'm sure she can handle a dinky little 9mm.

You can get 8rd mags for $35 and 10rd mags for $25 at CDNN.

SouthpawShootr

The 10 round mags are available at CDNN, but the 8 rounders, unfortunately are not. They seem to sell out within hours of getting more. For 8 factory rounders, try www.gunbroker.com. They turn up for around $30-40 from a number of dealer.

Greg Bell

The Sig 239 is an excellent handgun. Really, really nice no-nonsense carry gun that is no problem for those of us with small paws. :rolleyes: