sig 239 question

dabigguns357

A question came up about which caliber to buy in the 239.Based on c/c which caliber is the best performer in a sig 239.

1/ 9mm
2/ 357 sig
3/ .40 cal

How does each caliber do in performance and recoil,also which is better two-tone or traditional black.

Better yet show them off so i can see the difference.

twhidd

I carry a P239 in .40 S&W most of the time. I love the way it shoots. You would be just as well served with 9mm if that's what you prefer. As for the 357, you may have a problem finding ammo. I personnally don't find the recoil comparison between a 9mm and a .40 to be all that much different in similar sized guns. Now the .357 Sig can be a bit "snappy" in my experience. But it can also depends on what you are accustom to.

AK103K

I have a P239 in 357SIG. Its handles the round very well, and is very easy to shoot with.

Finding ammo has never been a problem either, and actually, 357SIG was often the only ammo on the shelves at Walmart and a few other places I shop when everything else was gone.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably just get one in 9mm and use +P+ in it. I think the 357SIG does better in the longer barrels, and the difference between it and 9mm in the smaller guns isnt as great as the larger guns. Plus the 9mm picks up an extra round.

RETG

Any or all; it's a great handgun. Had a 9mm and comparing to my .40, the recoil is a bit harsher with the .40 but that is understandable. However, neither were hard to control. Never fired the .357.

Muddflap

I'm kinda fond of the 2 Tones. This is a .40.

P239_1.jpg