Sig 2340 experiences

FM12

I have already posted this on Sigforum, but still looking for more input...just orderd a 2340 in 40 S&W, and am looking for good and bad experiences from other Sig owners...One new question, can I now buy 9mm and 357 sig barrels for it? Will the magazines function with more than one caliber, or are they caliber specific? Thanks, FM12

SAG0282

I've had my 2009 for over three years with around 6k rounds, and it's been great, though of late it will no longer really lock the slide back. I'm going to be sending it back to SIG for an overhaul, but no FTFs and it always goes bang. Additionally, the finish still looks real good. Love this gun and will NEVER get rid of it.

9mm aftermarket barrels will work, and .357SIG oem barrels are dropin. Though I dont have personal experience, Barsto seems to be the most popular. .40/.357SIG mags will work with 9mm, and in fact during the ban some people used them because 10 round .40/.357SIG mags can take 12 rounds of 9mm.

FM12

Thanks for taking time to reply, I'm encouraged by the possibility of different calibers. FM12

AMT8951

I bought a "like new" 2340 about seven years ago , when I was in the academy. It's the first hand gun I ever personally owned, and I'll never sell it. Accuracy and reliability are great, I've never had any problems with the gun. In my opinion the Sig Pro line is one of the most underated hand guns around. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the light rail. The've fixed that in the new 2022 line. I think you'll be very happy with your purchase.

SIG2340.jpg

STLRN

The 2340 has one of the smoothest DA trigger pulls I have ever felt on a pistol. Better than any of the other SIGS I own.

The only complaint is that I often put my thumb on the slide stop, deactivating it, but I tend to do that with the 225 and 228 also.

FM12

amt8951...i intend to carry this on duty(plainclothes investigator) and in class b uniform (BDUs)...I currently carrya p226, usually in a SERPA paddle holster...I'm anxious to get it and wring it mout! THANKS for your reply about your experience. FM12