Sig 2340, 357 sig question

sig1

First of all i am new to this forum, i am an archery guy but i need some gun knowledge, I have a Sig 2340 and need a good holster for range use and side arm when bowhunting, it seems hard to find holsters for the 2340,
any suggestions? Also need to know if i go out west bowhunting for elk or mule deer if this would be ok to carry if loaded hot, (corbon) or somthing like that, this would probably be for mountain lion or black bear, or am i better off leaving it at home and using bear spray. I dont want to spend the money for a different gun.
Thanks for any info.

dabigguns357

Lets start by talking about holsters,after doing alittle research on my favorite holster site.I found that they had plenty instock holsters for your gun.Not only do they cost less but are shipped within a day of ordering and most of the time they only take about 5 days at the most to get to you.Here is the site i was talking about. www.packinheatleather.com
2. when i was hunting season i carried either my S&W 686 or my S&W 4046 .40 cal,i don't think you should have much of a problem with a .357 sig.Though i don't know much in the way of fmj vs jhp but as for me i use jhps for everything only because i don't like changing mags and ammo every time i get close to the wood or car.
Now for my final suggestion,if your long armed like me invest in a tactical thigh/leg holster.I have one and love it,when you sit down or get in a car it's not trying to gut you and if you have to make a quick shot from a seated position,it's much easier and less movement.

D-Ric902

Crossbreed holsters makes a slidelock for the Sig 2340. I've been thinking about getting one for mine in 40S&W. I have one for a glock 30 and really like it.

Destructo6

Blackhawk! makes a nice IWB for the SIG 2340.

I have one for my 2340, which I use infrequently, and for the HK P2000 that I use very frequently. It is rather good.