Sig 227?

KMAX

Does anyone here have any experience with the Sig 227 yet? I am sort of interested in maybe getting one, but it is a pretty new model I believe. Just wondering if there were any problems with it as is often the case with a new model. Thanks.

It's a very new model. I love SIG Sauer. It's the P220 and P226 mixed into one. It took after the P220's bore with the P226's magazine style.

A double stack .45ACP from SIG Sauer. I drooled over an article on it a few months back and I'm itching to get one. But don't think I should sell 2-3 guns to get it....yet.

KMAX

don't think I should sell 2-3 guns to get it....yet.

This is probably what I will have to do to get one or a 220 or 226. I like the idea of the increased capacity of the 45 caliber in a quality DA/SA semiauto.

It's really not a bad trade off. Just make sure you know what you're letting go prior. A new P227 will fill that void very quickly...I think I have an Hk on the chopping block.

9mm & .45 are my favorites.

Uncle Malice

I considered the 227, but I'm really a huge fan of the 220. I love my 220 Elite Dark and I like that it's relatively slim.

With that said, I've heard good things about the 227 and that the ergos are VERY close to the 226 - as they should be.

I'd love to shoot one, but I don't feel it calling to me at the moment because I'm still in love with my 220. I DO want a 226 though. Still saving pennies for that one. Either a MK25, Combat, or Extreme. Don't care which really - just whatever is available when I'm ready to buy.

Malice, didn't you just get that beautiful P220 Elite Dark recently? For the sake of the thread being on SIG's...can, we, have, another....pic? Please? :D

I'm getting a SIG P229 in two tone soon. I traded a 1911 for it. It's in .40/.357 so I'll be ordering a slide/barrel from SIG for $285 soon enough to convert it to 9mm.

My P226 e2 and P220 have a friend coming soon!

Back to the P227, I would love to get that and the P226 stainless or MK25.

Uncle Malice

I sure did! Right about a month ago. A little over 500 rounds through it so far and it still looks new. NO BARREL HOOD WEAR. Which.. you know is not common. I mentioned in my review that I'm not sure if there was a design spec change or something or if this is unique to the dark model.

Aj3RqBQ.jpg

JQ2ZtS3.jpg

xgM9vAA.jpg

47b20s0.gif
thank you....God that thing is too gorgeous for it's own good. I have the folded carbon steel slide P220. Amazing shooter. Bought that one used and changed every single spring in there myself. The darn thing is perfect. The P226e2 was bought brand new in 2010 :)

I love SIG's. They're amazing shooters and look beautiful.

::the Glock 19 on my waistband just grunted::

TunnelRat

The only thing I wonder is if I can get non-E2 grips for the P227. I'm not the biggest fan of the E2 grips. I prefer the Hogue G10s on the P226 or similar.

I'm getting a SIG P229 in two tone soon. I traded a 1911 for it. It's in .40/.357 so I'll be ordering a slide/barrel from SIG for $285 soon enough to convert it to 9mm.

I thought you didn't like the 40?

This is probably what I will have to do to get one or a 220 or 226.

Should be able to find a used P226 or P220 for decent prices. Around me that's ~$600.

FYI, TopGunSupply just got the P227 in stock. I line in NH and I haven't even seen one yet. :(

Last edited:

Robk

I can vouche for the quality of the P229 that Constantine is getting. Sure he will like shooting .40 from that pistol. I know I did. ;)

As for the P227, just seen them on gunbroker. Haven't had a chance to hold or see one in person. Great idea, just waiting to see how the execution will go. Going though a rough patch with Sig right now. Hope it comes out well.

I thought you didn't like the 40?

I laughed so hard when I saw this!!! lol no, I don't like .40 anymore. I used to.

and this,
I can vouche for the quality of the P229 that Constantine is getting. Sure he will like shooting .40 from that pistol. I know I did. ;)

Should be self explanatory. If Robk wishes to say so, I don't mind. I traded a gun with Rob...that gun (SIG Sauer P229 in .357/.40) I'm willing to try it out in .357 SIG, it'll already be a .40 and I'll be getting it a slide/barrel that's made for 9mm. 3 guns in one anybody?!

2gwb921.gif

Going though a rough patch with Sig right now. Hope it comes out well.

That rough patch isn't about what I think it's about...is it?

Uncle Malice

The only thing I wonder is if I can get non-E2 grips for the P227. I'm not the biggest fan of the E2 grips. I prefer the Hogue G10s on the P226 or similar.

I think the reason they did that is because the grip is just going to be so big on the 227. It seems that the 227 with E2 style grips are about the same as the standard 226 grips. That's what I've heard, though no personal experience.

It seems that the 227 with E2 style grips are about the same as the standard 226 grips. That's what I've heard, though no personal experience.

Same here, just heard that. So I'm taking it with a grain of salt as well.

However! I my P226 e2 obviously came with the e2 grips, and about 2 years later (almost a year ago from today) I realized I didn't need to stay with them since I have pretty big hands anyways, so I gave them to my uncle and removed his Hogue grips to keep on mine while I bought the regular SIG Sauer P226 grips. Couldn't be more happy. Did the same for my P220 as well. It came with Hogues, then got it FDE grips to match my AR, then got over it and just got it regular black SIG grips instead. I'm not a fan of Hogue's rubber grips by the way, over time they get sticky. At least in Miami.

seeker073180

FYI I saw my first p227 in the flesh at my lgs yesterday. It looked like they had about 5-10 of them behind the counter. Was in a rush, so I didn't stay to fondle it, but it was remarkable how similar it looked to the p226 next to it. Seeing as how my p226 was my first handgun ever, I won't ever leave her and I think it'd be confusing to have them sitting next to eat other in the safe!!!