Sig 226 grip angle vs. Glock grip angle

Atrain9

I have been a Glock shooter for years now but recently I have trained with a Sig 226 as it is now my duty gun. I am also a "point" shooter for anything inside 30-40 feet or so. I have become used to the Sig 226 and now realize my glock 23 that I have been carrying for years points way higher than the Sig. My question is what other guns have a simliar grip angle to the Sig and will point the same for me? I want soemthing smaller and lighter than the Sig for off duty concealed carry. I am thinking of waiting for the Sig 224? I also do not want this to turn into a sight shooting vs. point shooting debate. I point shoot and do it well. Any help would be appreciated!

HKGuns

Most other semi's have the grip angle of the Sig.....gLoCk's grip is similar to a revolvers and is nearly unique, in my experience, in the Semi world.

Yes, most other semi's will point correctly for you. One of the reasons I won't own a gLoCk is the very thing you are questioning. If it doesn't point instinctively for me I don't want the pistol.

Last edited:

MonsterB

Like HK said, most other guns will have a grip angle similar to the Sig. Sig does make some smaller guns but they are still a bit chunky and hard to conceal well. The 239 looks like a nice option. I would try to get something with a da/sa trigger like your 226. Have your ever seen a Sig p6 I think its called? Single stack 9mm, also called the p225. Thats a very nice concealable Sig, and can be found fairly easy for a good price.

Atrain9

Thank you!

Thanks for the responses, I was also considering the 239. But I figured I would wait for the 224 to come out. It will be lighter and have a higher capacity.

IMightBeWrong

I bought a PPQ pretty recently and it's not an exact match to the SIG in ergonomics by any means but they're close enough in angle to point pretty similarly. Pretty close to the same coat of arms as a Glock in operation in that case. Another good choice is the P239 previously mentioned, but you'll sacrifice your round count a bit. If that doesn't bother you, it's an awesome pistol.

I carry a P6/P225 often and it points just about the same as my P226. The P225 is a single stack that holds 8 plus 1 9 mm rounds. The P229 seems to be a bit bulkier then the P225 is so I tend not to carry that one. CZ pistols also have a similar grip angle to the Sig pistols and might be another option. CZ controls are laid out a little differently compared to the Sig. Slingshot the slide then no worries.

It seems the Glock has a grip angle unique to everything else. The Glock angle seems to work fairly well when shooting from the hip but that is about it for me. I like the grip angle of the Sig and CZ pistols. There are other pistols out there that also have a similar grip angle too.