Sig 220 Match/ Super Match questions

Carbon_15

I have a very accurate police trade in Sig 220. Its had a hard life and looks rough, but shoots clover leaf groups and eats anything I feed it.
I enjoy shooting it so muchm I figure its time to add another. My local gunshop has both the 220 Match and Super Match. Besides the obvious stuff like SAO, the beavertail, better sights, etc, does Sig do anything to accurize these guns? Like tighter slide to frame fit, better barrels, hand fiting??
Thanks.

chris in va

I think by the time you spend all that $$$ on a 'match' pistol from the factory, you could simply upgrade your Sig 220 to your liking.

And yes, I had one too.

Walt Sherrill

Apparently, the 220 Match is still around, but there's little info about it on the SIG site. There is info about the Super Match and Elite, both of which are Custom Shop versions.

The Super Match is SA only with a larger beavertail, front strap checkering, front cocking serrations, custom wood grips and the SIG SAUER Custom Shop logo engraved on the slide.

The Elite is similar but has the Short Reset Trigger instead of DAO. Both of these guns are "pricier" than the standard 220. The basic 220 Match is supposedly more accurate than the shorter-barreled standard 220. (SIG claims, on their website that the longer barrel is useful -- and, that the prototype 220 Match shot .64" groups at 20 yards when first tested.)

Here's a link to more info from the SIGARMS site.

http://www.sigsauer.com/products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=40&productid=300