SIG 220 for HK USP 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blev

Well guys, after another day at the range, I was frustrated with the fact that I still could not get that first double action shot on the mark. The subsequent SA shots? No problem. Grrrr.

So what do I do? I go to the Deer Hunter to see what they have in an SA or a DA/SA with a D/A trigger lighter than 12lbs. They had a brand new Kimber Custom Target and an HK USP 9 with a stainless slide. The HK has had maybe 200-300 rounds through it. I had not really intended on trading my SIG, I was just frustrated.

With the HK I can get more practice in because of the much cheeper ammo. In addition, it is very light but is built like a brick you-know-what. With the Kimber, I get a trigger that is just awesome plus, because it is a 1911, I can tinker till it fits me like a glove.

Well, bottom line is, the HK is an even trade and the Kimber is $200 more. So, I now have an HK USP 9 that after cleaning up looks brand new. Plus, I now know where my income tax is going. :D

Shoot safe y'all.

------------------
Blev

Walt Sherrill

A proper trigger job (just smoothing it, not lightening it much) will do wonders with the P-220 on that first shot.

Then practice.

Hal

Blev,
Any time you want to try a Kimber Custom just ask. I am just North of Akron and shoot at the Deer Hunter on occasion.

------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
http://www.ofcc.net
Do what you C.A.N.
http://thematrix.acmecity.com/digital/237/can.html

Oris

I tried two HK USP9 when I was shopping for
a full size 9 mm. Among other things I did
not like about it was pretty heavy trigger
pull in DA, which is usually the reason of
accuracy problems in DA mode. If you want
to shoot accurately in DA, why do you want
HK USP9?

BTW, one of the reasons I bought CZ-75B is
a super smooth and light DA trigger pull,
on the brand new gun. I would rate CZ-75B
trigger pull in SA as just good, but DA is
amazingly comfortable and allows for an
accurate shot in DA, w/o any problems.
It also has half-cocked feature, which
shortens DA pull at least 40% if you first "half-cock" the hammer.

Ben

The HK USP holds a lot more rounds if you can get a high-cap mag... if it's an even trade, I'd go for the HK. I know it's a many 9mm vs few .45 issue.

JMHO,
Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

[This message has been edited by Ben (edited November 14, 1999).]

Dave9

I have a P-220/9mm euro. and a P-220/45 American. In my case the P-220/45 has one of the best DA triggers of all the pistols I own.The P-220/9 has one of the worst(the worst is my Walther P-88C).
David

Status
Not open for further replies.