SIG 210 Is Back... Baby!

VictorLouis

I wonder what they mean by "heavy frame". Is it any different than the previous frame? Or, are they just pointing out the fact it is made of steel, rather than the alloy and plastic of their other models?

Destructo6

SIG has submitted, and has passed with, nearly every pistol in their lineup. I don't know why the new P210 wouldn't get the same treatment.

The reason it's not of the list is that all previous examples of the P210 are used and the pistol out of production. They can't submitt used pistols to the altar of the CA DOJ, can they? really?

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Well...

The only reason I don't have one is that most items in that price bracket that I've owned get measured in miles-per-hour, not rounds-per-minute. Besides, with a P7M8 already in the collection, I'm still working on a good rationale for another single-stack 9mm at a price that usually includes a matching helmet and motorcycle cover... :D

jimmy

I'd add it to my wish list without hesitation, except I probably won't be able to afford it.

fedaykin

price of p210

hey good and bad news. just got off the phone with sigarms. they gave me the price and timeline for availability.
they should be available by march, or earlier. that is the good news.
the bad news is....the cheap one is going to cost 1,680.00 and the top of the line is over 4,000.00 !!!!!!!!!!!
for an 8 shot 9mm. sorry, i am shopping elsewhere.

johnbt

One "cheap" SIG 210...

...or 4 or 5 CZs. What to do, what to do?

As much as I want a 210, this has all the makings of a real no-brainer. Thanks for the update. John

VictorLouis

Even at aa 25% discount, that's STILL $1,260 + tax.:( Me thinks some diligent searching on the used market would be a better bet.

Walt Sherrill

The P-210-8 has been available for a year or so in Europe and its apparently a forbmidable weapon. All the strengths of the current P-210 PLUS American-style mag release.

I have a P-210-6 and its a wonderful gun, but I can't really shoot it in IDPA as I would like because of the european-style mag release and semi-miniscule sights.

I'd love to have a P-210-8. And believe me, the P-210s are every bit as good as they say. And with the enhancements they mention -- I don't think many guns would touch it in pure shootability or accuracy. (Mine came with a proof target that had a 1.25" group at 50 meters [roughly fifty yards].) Especially if they could offer it in .40 acp!

On the other hand, my CZ-85 Combat is almost as good, a lot easier to shoot in IDPA/Combat scenarios, and from 1/2 to 1/8th of the cost of the P-210.

Walt Sherrill

Someone has to be crazy... that's more than a NIB P7M8, no?

Yeah, but it may be worth the difference.

As good as the P7m8 is -- and its very good -- I'd argue that the P-210 is better. (The only place a P7M8 beats it is in concealability; certainly not in accuracy or reliability.)

That said, I'd like to get a P7M8 one of these days, too. Its a fine handgun, and probably an outstanding value for the price.

(Is a top-end Wilson or Baer .45 really worth that much more than a Kimber? Probably not -- but some folks think they are and are willing to pay the price.)

slickpuppy

Well,
I have been diligently looking for a NIB 210-6 for over a year. My prayers have been answered. Time to get one of the 210-8s on order!

hksigwalther

$?

"...the cheap one is going to cost 1,680.00 and the top of the line is over 4,000.00 !!!!!!!!!!!"

Does anyone know what the difference between the various grades are?