Sig 1911 TacPac

Marquezj16

I did a bad thing today. Usually I am a research type of guy. I will research way in advance prior to any gun purchase, but today, I saw this and bought it without as much as looking it up on the internet.

Here it is! Sig Sauer 1911 TACPAC.
attachment.php

Came with two 8 rd mags, a paddle holster with mag holder, a quick mag loader, and a laser. I cleaned it, took it out to the range and shot 40 flawless rounds (Speer 230 gr TMJ). Trigger was great out of the box. Will post more info tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCF2423.JPG
    DSCF2423.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 241

Marquezj16

Looking for Ruger, looked at Remington, found Sig. :D

This puts a big damper in buying the Ruger or any other purchase for a few months...

Robk

I have one on order right now. Same thing, railed TACPAC. Hopefully will have some time to shoot it this weekend, that's if it hits my FFL in time. Have heard alot of good things about them, should make for a nice shooter. Haven't even put it in my hand,and I am already consiering mods. Sig has that new Nightmare 1911 coming out. Looks like the same pistol with a sort of bobtail and contasting color controls. Doable in my opinion, but guess I should shoot it(or at least take possesion) before I mod it..lol :D Congarts on your purchase,hope you enjoy it.

P.S. Damm it, have to wait at least 3 more days for mine. Thanks for the reminder. :(

Marquezj16

One thing that I did not like was the mag extends out about a little past grip and you can see some stainless. I also tried my two stainless 7 rd mags from Springfield and those fed great and were flush.

Also looking at some of the grips...don't know which one yet. I do like the wood ones that comes on the Nitron Rail or the STX models.

Just checked, they only sell the aluminum grips at the Sig store.

Anybody know where I can get one? I do want it to say Sig Sauer.

Last edited:

Marquezj16

Here it is with the Milspec

attachment.php

I was thinking of getting some wood grips like this one.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 839330.jpg
    839330.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 75

Marquezj16

I put on the CPL on my Sig 1911 before taking it out to the range. The elevation screw was backed out all the way. Let me back up a little. When I picked this up from Academy, the laser was installed on there. however due to the trigger lock, it was not on there correctly. Because it would not fit in the case the way it was installed, the salesperson took the laser off. When I first shot it, I did not install the laser. Okay back to installing the laser. I put it on there and turned it on to see how close it was. It was way off. When I say way off, I am talking about two feet up and left. I read the manual and it says it is sighted in at the factory. So either somebody messed with it at Academy (the screw being backed out) or Sig did not zero it. I tried adjusting it and no dice. It does not even move. So now, I have an accesory that does not even work. I'll be calling Sig tomorrow for their warranty work.

Marquezj16

Sent it in Priority Mail today after getting the RMA. Hope they just replace the whole thing instead of repairing it. I'm gonna try it on the pistols with a rail when it comes back. I might find it a home on one of them. Could be fun on the SR22.