Sig 1911 Extreme and the rest of my little collection (pics)

Cycrops

Hi everyone,

On January 1st there were no handguns in my household. Now we have three! I'm extremely pleased with all of them. The newest member is the Sig 1911 Extreme, which I picked up yesterday and put 100 flawless rounds through.

The others are a 92A1, which I've tweaked with D hammer spring and walnut grips, and a Kahr T9 for my wife.

As a reward to you for all of your help and advice, I've taken some pics. I'm not much of a photographer, but practice helps :)

P1040777.JPG

P1040701.JPG

P1040725.JPG

P1040733.JPG

P1040761.JPG

A couple more coming...

Martowski

Congratulations on a successful two months!

What made you decide to add three when you previously owned none?

BTW, that Kahr T9 is one heck of a sharp looking little 9mm. Hmmm....

Cycrops

Thanks for the replies!

What made you decide to add three when you previously owned none?

Martowski, thanks for posting, I really enjoy reading your blog entries.

I thought I was going to stop with the Beretta. I wanted a range/nightstand gun and it ticked all of the boxes I was looking for. I shopped around a lot and it was the winner. Got it from Buds much cheaper than the LGS.

After I got the Beretta, I realized that it wasn't sized right for my wife to be able to use with her tiny hands. I wanted her to have something single-stack for a small grip, steel frame to absorb recoil, 9mm to share ammo with the Beretta, and stainless/wood to appeal to her aesthetic sensibilities. The Kahr fit the bill perfectly. I found a great deal on grabagun.

The Sig was a bit of an impulse buy. I was reading a lot about 1911s (including your "my favorites" blog post) and I was poking around on gunbroker when I saw this one. I liked the look, the ambi safety, and the reviews I've read of other Sig 1911s. I checked a similar one out in person at the LGS (bad move, it sealed the deal mentally), and managed to get a good deal on guntrader with a bid I wasn't expecting to win.

No regrets so far. I'm closing in on a total of 1,000 rounds fired across the three without a single malfunction. I'm going to try to pace myself a bit more moving forward, but I think this is just the start :)

BTW, I did all of my purchasing online and I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

AFK

Great looking group of guns. Now that you have been bitten by the 1911 bug, LOOK OUT! Next is another one, next is reloading, next is ......

Marquezj16

Congrats. Very nice looking pistols! I like the wood grips on your 92 FS. I was thinking of getting one for my Compact. I think your pics just sealed the deal. :)

asm3686

That is a good looking 1911 i been biten by the same bug and have purchased 2 handguns in last month first was stoeger cougar 8040 and last week got s&w sigma 9mm and im already shopping for my third which will be a 1911 but think im going the 22lr route to save money and something the kids can enjoy in a few years

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cycrops

Yeah I really like those sig 1911s, but that Kahr is just distracting. I really like the wood and stainless look with it.

It's a great little gun. Fits my wife's small hands and my big hands nicely. A little snappier recoil than the 92A1, but not bad. Excellent smooth trigger (pull is a little long).

wingnut6999

sig 1911-22

Morning,
I too have recently purchased a sig 1911, mine being the 22 cal. i love the full size weight and feel and the economical shooting. i took my wife to shoot for her first time and she cant wait to go again. Theres been over 1000 rounds thru it without a hicup. my next purchase will be a sig 1911 but 45 as yes, ive been bitten by the bug..lol
my job requires me to handle new firearms daily so ive had my hands on many. i must admit ive never been a fan of kahrs tho ive never heard much on how well they do.
and my choice of carry weapons is the walther ppks 380 with the crimson trace.
well thanks for listening to this newbie :)

Attachments

• pix235892825[1].jpg
    pix235892825[1].jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 33
  • VAH38011_large[1].jpg
    VAH38011_large[1].jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 32

Cycrops

well thanks for listening to this newbie

Those are nice looking guns! I considered a PPK for my wife but wanted 9mm for ammo consistency. My next purchase is most likely a .22 pistol and I'll definitely consider the Sig.

From what I've read about the Kahrs, the steel-framed models appear to have fewer issues, but that's anecdotal internet reporting. My wife's works well so far, but the fit and finish is not quite up to the standards of the other two. I've heard good things about their customer service, so I'm not too worried in case something does go wrong.

I'm still a newbie myself (obviously), but looking forward to changing that status over the years :)

Craig623

Cycrops
Nice shopping spree, nice pictures. That Sig looks beautiful. I ordered the wood grips for my Beretta 92fs a couple of days ago. I hope they look as nice as yours do. Good job.

KyJim

While I'm not big on a railed 1911, the Sig Extreme is a very nice looking pistol. Congratulations!