Sig 1911-22

M4BGRINGO

Just bought a new one for cheap shooting fun. it isn't fun when you pull the trigger and no bang........

Open the slide, no bullet in the chamber. Previous round ejected, never loaded the next round from the mag. Let the slide go and it loads the next round.

Seems to happen randomly. Can shoot 10 rounds no problem, next 10 can have 1 or 2 that don't load. Same magazine that came with the gun, have not tried the three that just came in.

Tried a different ammo to see what would happen, a lot of stovepipes with that stuff. Will use that ammo in the 617.

What to check?

Noreaster

Mine has been flawless with the recommended hyper velocity ammo. With the bulk pack stuff I have had ftf such as you mention. I don't believe the slide comes back far enough to catch the new round.

Going to have to use CCI Mini-mag ammunition most likely. Sounds like the gun is short stroking. Bulk 22 ammo can be pretty inconsistent thus the issues you are finding. I would use the Mini-mags and see if it takes care of the problem. If not then I'd send it back to Sig.

pb803

the gun is TOTAL JUNK....!!! Take it back and get a refund.
do a search on my post concerning this pistol.
Mine is currently at Sig (by now anyway)...to see what the problem is.
AND.....
the Sig CS guy wanted a cc# on file.....said they would charge for the smith if gun turned out to not do what I said it would.
CHARGE ME.... for a gun under warranty...?????????

Take yours back....get a refund.....GUN IS JUNK...!!!

that being said, I have used the Blazer bulk pack 40gr w/o any of your problems.
pb

Marquezj16

Mine works great with the following ammo, CCI Standard Velocity, Federal Auto Match, CCI Blazer bulk, CCI Mini Mag, Winchester Super Speed Round Nose and Remington Shurshot High Velocity. Winchester Bulk had several FTFs and Federal Bulk had one FTF. YMMV

Last time I shot mine was with the Blazer, Mini Mag and Super Speed. Zero malfunctions. Accuracy is only as good as I can shoot. :D