Side Plate for 1919A6/A4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rock

Okay, The Rock will admit he might be going off the deep end here, but what The Rock wants, The Rock usually gets.

I noticed SARCO sells kits for the Browning 1919A4 and A6. Everything but the right hand side plate. An advertiser in SGN has templates for a full auto sideplate, but that is a big no-no with the BATmen. I was hoping that somebody could steer me in the direction of one. I was going to get the 1919A4 kit in .308 and also a tripod. I do know that a company called TNW Inc. is making a complete one, semi-only, with tripod, but they want ~$2500 for it. The kit from Sarco is less than $350. How hard could it be? I have built 2 AR15 with no problems and could take it to a smith pretty easy if I had trouble. Any ideas from the crowd?

TR

~~~~~~~~~~
moved to full auto forum, click button below to go there:

BUTTON

[This message has been edited by Mykl (edited February 13, 2000).]

Outlaw1

I saw your post at weaponforums but I'll answer you here. You may end up having to get in touch with one of the companies that make the semi-auto versions.
Friday I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Gun Parts Corp. in NY ordering some more A4 stuff. I found out they are considerably cheaper than Sarco. Even better, the guy I talked to is an "expert" on medium to heavy weapons and was a real treat to talk to. He really knew his stuff when it came to tripod mounted guns, and he even told me about things that weren't listed in the catalog. Call (914) 679-4867 and if you ever get through, ask for Richard at the order desk. He may be able to tell you where you might find semi sideplates, plus the OTHER semi parts you'd need. Here's their website: www.gunpartscorp.com
Good luck! ;)

------------------
We ARE the Militia!

Status
Not open for further replies.