siaga rifles

sewerman

i'm looking at the siaga line of rifles mainly because the 7.62x39 is so cheap compared to .303 or 7.5 swiss...really wanted the k-31!

these siaga come in two barrel lengths 16.5 and 20"

wouldn't he 20" be more accurate because of distance of frt sight?

there's about a $50 difference between the two.

thanks

Willie D

First off, it's SAIGA. ;)

There is usually a $10 or less price difference between barrel lengths if they come from the same seller. If someone is charging more for the longer barrel don't buy from them. The skeleton stock WILL cost you more. The longer barrel gives you more muzzle velocity and a longer sight radius so it should in theory be more accurate but judging from what I've read on the Saiga Forums, no one has noticed much difference.

I almost bought a 21 incher today at a gunshow but I'm saving my $ for a K-31. They're won't be anymore of them and I can always buy another Saiga later.

sewerman

yeah willie d
your right about the k-31!
i have been lusting for one for over a week or so.
i found some good prices on ammo at SAMCO GLOBAL ARMS
7.5 swiss $.36.9 @ rd, 200rd $73.80.
classic arms has 60rd battle packs for $34.95.
most prices on the k-31 are a low of $124.95 beechwood stock to $199.99 for walnut when you can find them. depending on the distributor and how they market. prices go up from there for hand picked etc,et.al.

Webleymkv

Wow, K31's have gone up. I paid $90 for mine a few years ago and got 480 rounds of ammo for $125 at a gunshow not long after (shoulda bought two cases).

sewerman

yeah, i 've tried scouting out about every distributor that i could find and probably have missed some along the way.

aim has'em for $199.00. the picture shows a walnut stocked rifle but the ad doesn't list what wood is available. good price on freight, $14.00! the ammo comes out at $29.85 for 60rds which is $5.00and change cheaper then classic.

cheers