Show us your lowest $ price tags.

Rembrandt

Going through some reorganization and found these that....well, takes you back a few years.

Pound of powder for $2.75......Got any old price tags to share?

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

markr

Rembrant:

I had several boxes of the EXACT same 16 gauge shells, and some 12 gauge versions too. Some old lady was trying to bring a big box of shotgun shells into a police department because they belonged to her deceased husband. Well, I "Apprehended" them. I ended up with all kinds of shotguns shells. Some paper ones too, which I still have.

When one of my great aunt's passed away I got her Smith K-22. It was a target model she purchased new in 1936 for $38. It features a factory-installed McGivern bead on the front sight post. I still have the receipt, though not in uploadable form at the moment.

FrankenMauser

$7.81 for Norma .220 Swift unprimed brass. My dad picked up 17 boxes when he found them on sale. (20+ years ago...) Now they are in my care.

attachment.php

Current prices are over $100 for 20 unprimed cases from Norma.

Attachments

• Swift_Norma.JPG
    Swift_Norma.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 548

Sevens

Sorry, no pictures, but I have some numbers.

Speer .30 Carbine 100gr Plinker bullets, box of 100 for $7.29
Bedwell Casting, 200gr LSWC .452, 500 box for $19
CCI 500 Small Pistol Primers, 1000 for $12.67
1 pound Hercules Bullseye for $13.74
1 pint Hoppe's #9 for $6.59
20-Box of Federal 7mm Mauser 175-gr Soft-Point Hi-Shok , red/white box mid-80s $9.90
20-Box of Remington Hi-Speed Kleanbore 8m/m Mauser, 170 gr Soft Point, green white DuPont box, $6.20

All but the 8mm came from the late 80s thru '92. The 8mm was likely earlier.

I do have a box of .35 Winchester ammo, for anyone that is familiar with it. (no price tag on this) Was used in some very old lever action rifle. It's a very large cartridge, blue and white package. Not .35 Rem, mind you, .35 Winchester. It's huge.

Mr_Rich

Is last week old enough?

I bought this RCBS carbide 44mag die set last week at the local gun store, $15 out the door.

A large chain outdoor store in the next town over wanted 59.95 for the same set, I guess it pays to look local first.

Mr Rich

Attachments

• 44 Mag Die.jpg
    44 Mag Die.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 46

closetgunnut

I got these from a relative's estate. I have no idea how old they are.

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Closet

BTW, does anyone know if the old cartridge boxes are worth anything?

Sevens

Cartridge collectors do like old ammo boxes, but they must be pristine, not torn, not taped, not missing end flaps, have all the ammo in them, and the ammo shouldn't be corroded.

If the ammo box is torn up, some folks might still want them, but not likely for any more money than you'd pay for modern ammo in the same caliber.

What's tough about the ammo collecting game is that stuff that looks and seems old to us is really not all that old to the collectors. Those Winchester boxes pictured are from (I think!) the 50s and the 60s, but the collector guys really want stuff older than that.

The CCI primer box is from the 80s or early 90s.

closetgunnut

Not worth much, Huh? Oh Well....:( I guess I still have to go to work on Monday:p

I think I'll just put them on the back of my bench then.

Thanks guys!

Closet

I'll have to take some pics... some of the stuff I'm using / reloading right now was purchased by my Father in law up to 20 years ago... I just had a guy looking for some 22-250 brass, & found I had 400 ( 2 bags of 200 ) new Remington cases still in the original plastic bags he purchased them in from a gun show... they were marked almost 1/3 of current Midway price... BTW... Midway was out of stock at the current price...

If a guy could have known that plain old ammo cases would triple in value over 15 years, I'd have bought brass instead of stocks...:eek:

claymore1500

My boss brought some .38spl. brass in to work, he asked me to reload them.

The brass was in an OLD box (not the original box for these shells) the name on the box was "Winchester Stayneless" (spelled just like that) it also noted on the box that they were intended for the S&W military and Colt SSA pistoles, also noted on the box "smokeless powder".

The price tag from PEKOK hardware store (mom & pop, I'm guessing)..........
........And the winner is..........$1.60/50 rounds.

Sixer

Closetgunnut, I recently picked up some .30 cal Sierra bullets exactly like the ones in your first pic. Not sure what they're worth but I found a few boxes at my local gun shop for $10 each... FWIW I loaded them up already and they shoot great :)

closetgunnut

sixer,

Great find!:cool: They shoot great out of my Garand also.

The last time I checked, Midway had them for around $26/100. You did good!

Closet